Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Scrambler Coming Soon!!!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SaharaStu 
#1 ·
Autoweek.com reveals that a new Scrambler is due out this month, with an option of a long or short wheelbase. Go to Autoweek.com and punch in Wrangler under the search engine.

#2 ·
That was in Feb. 2003. Then in Nov. 2003 they stated that the idea was scrapped, but would bring out a stretch wrangler instead (unlimited). It all came up when I searched "wrangler". Would have been cool though. I wish they would bring out the Brute.

#5 ·
Do a Scrambler Search

That link does not work either. Just do a Scrambler "Search" on this forum, and you'll find the right link. Sorry that I've wasted the Forum's time with this.

#6 ·
dave-o said:
That was in Feb. 2003. Then in Nov. 2003 they stated that the idea was scrapped, but would bring out a stretch wrangler instead (unlimited). It all came up when I searched "wrangler". Would have been cool though. I wish they would bring out the Brute.
1. That is correct about the Scrambler, it is the Unlimited instead.

2. The Brute............we can only wish right now. :drool:

#7 ·
Wrangler Pickup Coming in July

Good Day to all on the Forum,
Another way you can get to this article, is by going to the website "Mike's Totally Free Jeep News", there's tons of Jeep info. But look for the article titled "Wrangler Pickup Coming in July" it's dated 6/14/04, and it has an article quoted from Autoweek, stating that a Wrangler Pickup is due out this month. It will have the option of a long or short wheelbase, and the option of a 4cyl. and 6cyl. They will produce about 20,000 units per year, etc., etc., etc. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
Quicker route, go to the website "Mike's Totally Free Jeep News", find their "Search" box, and type in "Wrangler Pickup".

#9 ·
If you will read the bottom of that article it says this:
"UPDATE - 6/15/04 - The comments in the Reader Reaction section are correct - this is an old article and not "new" news. Sorry about the mixup!"

They came out with the Unlimited..... ditched the Scrambler idea.

#10 ·
Apologies

I truly apologize for my ignorance, please forgive my stupidity. I should have done a better research on this before I wasted the forums' time with old news.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.