1) Does my 06 Rubicon LJ have OEM sway bar disconnects? If so, where? Or, do I need to add the clevis pin, etc?
2) ABS. How do I know if I have ABS? I've looked for an ABS light on startup, but don't see one. I don't know enough about the brake system under the hood to tell if I have it and I'm too lazy to take a wheel off to look for a sensor.
3) My LJ has a set of small spring spacers above the springs with long bump stops, I assume, sticking down inside the spring from the stop itself. Any positives/negatives to this setup?
#1 - No. Electric disconnect started with the JKs
#2 - Slam on your brakes on a loose surface. Or look for a gizmo under the hood on the driver side behind the wheel well. If there is an empty plate (looks like a battery tray), no ABS. If there's a gizmo, ABS. There should be a light on the dash when you fire it up as well.
#3 - Not really. Little more clearance with a factory ride.
2. Drivers side fender, under the brake master cylinder. If the tray is empty you don't have ABS, if there is a pump looking thing and brake lines you have ABS. Or smash the brake pedal, if the tires lock up you don't have ABS.
3. Sounds like the factory spring isolators.
CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering