New rough country n2.0 shocks - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New rough country n2.0 shocks

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 12-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #256
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

yeah RC has had a bad rep for some time but I really have been pleased with all my parts and purchases... they are turning things around with service and quality of parts... i really am surprised my TJ is riding on their coils and soon - hopefully tonight- their shocks! and i like them! ok nuff' talk - shock pics!

aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #257
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

measured lengths:

front n2.0, part number: 20008

compressed: 15 to 15.5 inches (not fully compressed - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 chrome showing - hence the 15 to 15.5 mark)

extended: 26 inches

this is measured to where the ring on stud is that sandwiches the bushing between the ring and shock stud

rear n2.0, part number: 20009

compressed: 14

extended: 24

measured bar pin to bar pin
Unread 12-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #258
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

they also look and feel like rancho shocks...
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #259
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4
they also look and feel like rancho shocks...
Hurry up and install them.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #260
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

ok just installed em! taking the jeep for a ride... pics in a bit...
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #261
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

I installed mine a few days ago. I would say a little better than the 2.2's but nothing to get too excited about.
jutgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #262
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

just drove around the block and over some speed bumps... nothing too exciting...

definitely firmer than the hydro shocks i had on there... seems to have a little less sway in the corners (to be expected with a nitro shock)... going over speed bumps at 30 mph was more comfortable - the back end did not "drop" like the hydro shocks did... not as caddy as old man emu springs/ shocks but for RC coils (I have 2.5 progressive 4 cyl rate - 7 months on em with body armor, winch, spare 33, bumpers) and shocks the road manners are great.

anyways needs more miles and such but I am a happy camper - installed pics in the morn!
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #263
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

jeep overall:

Unread 12-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #264
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Let us know after you have broken them in how they ride.
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #265
rusty577

Ive got a new set of these N2.0 shocks in my XJ Jeep. Unfortunately I slid back into a rock today while wheeling and have put a big ding/crushed the bottom of the shock tube.

Doesn't look like its been punctured or leaking but will I have to replace it?
rusty577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #266
Muddeprived

These are still not listed on their website for purchase? What's taking so long?
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #267
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived
These are still not listed on their website for purchase? What's taking so long?
Good question.
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #268
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i have them but my opinion is irrelevant. i have them, but the rear end of my jeep rides like complete crap since i did the sye and angled the pinion. if i relocate the rear spring it would probably be a lot better.
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #269
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have some updates related to the performance of these shocks.

About after 6 months from first installing these, I noticed that both front shocks lost pressure and leaked. The rear shocks were fine and still were pressurized. When I removed the fronts, both piston rods no longer extended. Keep in mind that this was only from daily driving, these shocks had yet to see offroad use. I called Jeffery and he sent me two new front shocks immediately, always the best service. I installed the new front shocks just in time to test them off road at the Badlands IN.

As for handling, these shocks are great for daily driving and very light offroad use, but I do not recommend them for moderate to extreme off roading. I noticed the shocks beginning to gas out and lose pressure very quickly when our group left the parking lot and ran through the dunes over to the quarry. The dunes was high speed with lot of woops and bumps which really put the shocks to the test, but by the time I got to the quarry the shocks had lost their stiffness and felt extremely soft. Stabilization became less as I climbed up rock walls and over rock sections. These shocks definitely made the ride smooth, but it got scary at times when the weight of the jeep would shift and rock back and forth, or bounce.

Keep in mind, I am on LAs with no sway bars so I have very little CA resistance and naturally more side to side roll. My setup greatly relies on coil / shock performance and I can easily tell when the shocks begin to fatigue because it causes major instability. I'm going to switch to a stronger high performance shock / coil setup down the road.

So far I haven't noticed any leaking from the new set of front shocks, and the rears are fine as well so it might have been a random fluke, but keep an eye for leaking around the seal where the piston rod slides into the shock body.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #270
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
if i relocate the rear spring it would probably be a lot better.
It would definitely make the ride a lot better. I have rear coil relocators and they make the world of difference. Not to mention, having too much of a bend in your coils for too long of a time can eventually wear them out and cause coil fatigue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.