new reverse lights... my LED fetish continues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new reverse lights... my LED fetish continues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

new reverse lights... my LED fetish continues

I don't know why I like LED's so much... but I do.

there's not a lot of real estate on the back of the jeep with the 36" spare back there. I didn't want to mount them on the bumper where they could get hit, definitely not below the bumper. so I mounted them to the rear steel flares.... there's the possibility of catching a tree on them where they're mounted. But after several ideas including inside the spare this is the place that won out.

they were bigger than I thought they'd be. But for $32 shipped for the pair i'm happy with them. the housings are a similar die cast material as all the other nice LED lights.

I took this pic with my iphone and it was focusing on my car. I had the lights on in the garage too. these are really bright. the pic doesn't do it justice.

and a dark pic with the spare on (first time I've mounted a tire without a machine)

I know it's dark. but you can see there's not a lot of mounting options.

Unread 10-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
achilless
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What led lights are these, I like the set-up. nicely done. I just welded some tabs on the ends of my rear bumper and am looking for nice flood type lights, preferably led since I am going to splice into existing reverse wires.
achilless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilless View Post
What led lights are these, I like the set-up. nicely done. I just welded some tabs on the ends of my rear bumper and am looking for nice flood type lights, preferably led since I am going to splice into existing reverse wires.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/elect_plus/m...1&_ipg=&_from=

that's the guy's ebay page. i paid 32 for the pair shipped. doesn't look like he has any more square ones like mine. but if you just look for LED work light on ebay they pop up. you just have to watch for the ones with 2x or similar in the title. they are in pairs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.