new rc lift 3.25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new rc lift 3.25

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

new rc lift 3.25

putting on new lift got the front on not much trouble, but the rear iam stuck on the rear track bar cant seem to get the trox screw out . got the nut off but cant get the screw out of track ber so that i can relocate it any help advise? aso i didnt relocate front track bar will this be a problem? seems like what i have read front may not be out much but rear could be out fair amount, what do you think?

lanark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
tdittyrocks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Put the rear frame on jack stands so that the axle is hanging freely, then put the jack under the pumpkin and slowly raise the axle until the pressure is taken off the trackbar bolt.
tdittyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thanks was tired last night when trying to get it off was unable to think and furstrated. this morning better attitude and came off with a little help thanks for the info.
Unread 08-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

lifts on now looks good but to me has more roll then i thought would have, also seems like the rear end is trying to pass me although that could be me, then there is the wobbles mostly 35-45 gotta read more about that, it did have a slight wobble before nothing bad though just sreeing wheel slight vibs otherwise its good, any thoughs would be listened to and checked. it still needs alingment.
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
cam36
2012 JK Wrangler 

can you post some pics please i am going to get this lift as soon as the next paycheck comes in haha, and what size tires you running?
3inch BDS w/ bilstein 5100s
cam36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

iam not smart enough for the pictures, it has 31's it doesint look bad but would look much better if it had 32's or even better with33's the only thing is these tires are brand new the i bought from just put them on only 5000 miles go figure
Unread 08-31-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
cam36
2012 JK Wrangler 

ahh okay =( when i install it im gunna have stock tires on for a month or two until i can afford some new ones, i think i can deal with it looking stupid for that long haha...hows the ride quality? and can you tell its lifted like is it completely noticable?
3inch BDS w/ bilstein 5100s
cam36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You need to align the front end and make sure the tires are balanced.It shouldn't have any roll with the 2.2 shocks.I ran that lift with a BL/MML and 35's on my 03'.I didn't use the huge t case drop spacers that came with it.I used those for seat risers.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cam86 I haven't driven it that much but what I have driven the ride feels good differently no worse then stock ride, and yes you can tell a difference, to me any how Im short and have to raise leg up higher then before ha go figure.

Boogieman I didn't use the transfer drop ether it has a little vib but Iam planning the motor mounts what do you think? I will use your idea for the transfer drop kit though to raise the seats thats a great idea better then throwing it way. I dont understand how the alignment can make that much difference in the wobbles? I didn't move the track bar in the front could that be part of the problem? As far as the roll could be just me I am not sure yet.
Unread 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

sorry cam36
Unread 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanark View Post
Boogieman I didn't use the transfer drop ether it has a little vib but Iam planning the motor mounts what do you think? I will use your idea for the transfer drop kit though to raise the seats thats a great idea better then throwing it way. I dont understand how the alignment can make that much difference in the wobbles? I didn't move the track bar in the front could that be part of the problem? As far as the roll could be just me I am not sure yet.
I would definitely do a MML or drop the t case slightly with washers.Any vibes will ruin your u-joints in time.I redrilled the axle side hole and relocated my front track for this lift.When you lift your Jeep with a suspension lift at all,it changes all the angles.When I did my 3.25" lift and BL,I got DW on the highway a couple times driving 1/2 hour to get my 35's installed.The tire shop saw me when I got it and said it looked like a wheel was going to fall off.They told me everything was loose underneath and I needed to get it checked out.I told them that this was one of many lifts I've installed and all I needed was an alignment(which they didn't do).I couldn't drive over 30 mph all the way back home and got DW around 30 times.I did the alignment(toe-in)and my Jeep rode great with no shimmy or DW at all.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
lanark
2005 TJ Wrangler 

that sound good i am getting DW at about the same speed i'll for sure get the alignment thanks for the info.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.