NEW PSC Stinger does not fit. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > NEW PSC Stinger does not fit.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

NEW PSC Stinger does not fit.

So I ordered a PSC Rear Stinger through WSOffroad back in May while I was in Afghanistan. Well I finally got a chance to install it over the weekend and it doesn't fit. The Stinger left arm is too wide, however the right arm fits perfectly. That's how I know that I installed the base plate correctly.

The part that really sucks, other than the dissapointment of finally getting time to work on my Jeep, is that I got it powdercoated! Since PSC charges so much for shipping directly to a residence, it just made sense to have it shipped to a business and use the money I saved to get it powdercoated.

I have been told I can't adjust this myself and I will need a new stinger.. So I am wondering if I am screwed because it took me so long. Also, I should I go through the WSOffroad, or since this is a manufacturing error, should I go directly through PSC?

I really hope someone makes this right..

nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

bump.... No one has any advice? Has anyone run into problems like this in the past?
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You should call their customer service
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've already reached out to WSOffroad but haven't heard back. I think in about an hour I'm going to contact PSC.
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like I'm screwed.
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
55willystruck

Can you post pics of your issue? You may be out of luck getting a return/exchange for one that fits but you might find it could be repaired easy enough by a local fab shop or guy with some average skills. Granted you'd have some issues with the powder coat after repair but if it's "fixed" and fits your rig, a little Rusto goes a long way...

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lj , psc , stinger , wsoffroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.