New to me, stock 2004 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to me, stock 2004 Rubicon

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
PcolaJeeper
1979 CJ7 

New to me, stock 2004 Rubicon

I just bought a new stock 2004 Rubicon. My end goal is to have 33 Cooper STT. Im looking for a tire that is aggressive offroad, but still good on the streets. I have an 83 CJ-7 w/ 33 KM2s and while theyre great offroading, you can tell theyre not that good on the hwy.

For lifts I was thinking about 2 coil spacers, longer shocks, 1.25 body lift and maybe 1 motor lift. Other forum members have remarked on here that its a good entry level lift and would meet my desire for 33 tires.

Ive researched TeraFlex 3 Premium Suspension System and have found mixed reviews. Ive also been seeing a lot of great reviews about Iron Rocks TJ 3 Ultimate Short Arm Lift Kit. (which is also about $1000 cheaper even when you upgrade to the Blistein 5125 shocks over the stock hydro shocks) Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex Suspension looks ok, but that's another 0.5" taller?

I have a good friend who installs suspensions, so hell help me install it for a song and dance. So I have a chance to go ahead and do it right the first time.

I live in FL and my other Jeep is great mudding. I want this Jeep to be fine hitting the trails around FL, but when I desire I want to be able to drive it to CO, offroad the Rockies and drive home. Am I shooting to high with the 33s? With a really good lift kit, can I still have the great road control? Should I drop down to 32s?

Any thoughts or advice would be great appreciated.
Thanks

PcolaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.