New Jeep. Couple of issues. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New Jeep. Couple of issues.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
carr51
2005 TJ Wrangler 

New Jeep. Couple of issues.

Winter is coming so I traded in the old beater for a 2005 TJ. 4.0l 6 spd. The guy previously did a few modifications, some of which I will be swapping out to my liking. Before I get to these modifications I am having an issue with one I'd like your ideas on how to fix to get through. I've never done a body lift. It's always been BB or straight suspension. Previous owner put on what seems to be a 2 inch body lift. He didn't get an extension for the tube leading to the fuel tank. He took some hose and clamps to extend it. Problem I'm having is that when I fuel up the pressure from the pump is building and coming back out of the cap while fueling. So it takes forever to pump the gas. Is there a quick fix for this before I take the jeep off the body lift and boost it through the suspension?

In terms of the body lift, how many points of contact will I be removing to go back to stock height before I throw the suspension lift on there?

Thanks

carr51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Exploding fuel tank has nothing to do with your BL. Chronic problem for 05-06 TJs. Your fix is here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/05...w-fix-1335243/.

BL has 11 bolts. 3 on each side very visible. 1 on each side up by upper rear shock mounts. 1 on each side back by rear bumper. 1 in the center up front.
Unread 09-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
carr51
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man you are my hero. I'll be ordering that part pronto!
carr51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
robncar
Lets hear it for Gravity!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
...BL has 11 bolts. 3 on each side very visible. 1 on each side up by upper rear shock mounts. 1 on each side back by rear bumper. 1 in the center up front.
Then, there may also be two rubber snubbers, one on each lower side of the radiator shell between it and the frame. You may also want to check how they managed the radiator fan shroud... they likely either drilled new holes and moved it -or- may have installed a motor mount lift (MML).
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

With the 2" BL there may also be an added block under the steering shaft support...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.