New IAC issue. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New IAC issue.

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

New IAC issue.

Hello. I am not a complete newb to jeeps but I had not messed with the IAC before. well the tj I just bought was having some problems dieing when I stopped at a stoplight. I assumed it was the IAC. since I did not have time to work on it before the parts store closed tonight I picked up a new one on the way home just in case cleaning mine did not fix the problem. I figured worst case I would have a spare. well anyway I pulled the old one out and decided to save some time and swap in the new one now and clean the old one when I have time. well when I took the new one out of the box the plunger was about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the old one. are these parts interchangeable or did they give me the wrong part. I did not take pictures of mine but these are like what I took out. the short one is like the new one, the long one is like the original. I did not want to take the chance so I cleaned my old one and reinstalled it and it fixed the problem but I am curious if these parts interchange. thanks

auto-part-iac-motor-dl-173d-4573367-4861083-4861083ab-ac320-chrysler-dodge-dodge-truck-eagle-jee.jpg

iac.jpg

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
geroux
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't think those two parts are interchangeable. That plungers position is controlled by a motor and I would think the static position would have to be the same.
geroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

that was my thought too. they certainly are different in appearance but it is the number the parts guru says fits this jeep so I wanted to be sure it wasn't interchangeable before I take it back tomorrow.

any other opinions?
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
LukeADukes
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggarage View Post
that was my thought too. they certainly are different in appearance but it is the number the parts guru says fits this jeep so I wanted to be sure it wasn't interchangeable before I take it back tomorrow.

any other opinions?
Who is this parts guru
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeADukes View Post
Who is this parts guru
I just meant the fellow behind the counter at O'reilly's.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

when I search the o'reilly website. I get a picture of the same one I bought. does anybody know if this is possibly a change in design that does not effect function?

the picture is also the same on NAPA's site. I am beginning to believe despite the difference in appearance that they must be interchangeable, but I would like some confirmation from someone who has done the swap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.