New IAC issue. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New IAC issue.

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

New IAC issue.

Hello. I am not a complete newb to jeeps but I had not messed with the IAC before. well the tj I just bought was having some problems dieing when I stopped at a stoplight. I assumed it was the IAC. since I did not have time to work on it before the parts store closed tonight I picked up a new one on the way home just in case cleaning mine did not fix the problem. I figured worst case I would have a spare. well anyway I pulled the old one out and decided to save some time and swap in the new one now and clean the old one when I have time. well when I took the new one out of the box the plunger was about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the old one. are these parts interchangeable or did they give me the wrong part. I did not take pictures of mine but these are like what I took out. the short one is like the new one, the long one is like the original. I did not want to take the chance so I cleaned my old one and reinstalled it and it fixed the problem but I am curious if these parts interchange. thanks

auto-part-iac-motor-dl-173d-4573367-4861083-4861083ab-ac320-chrysler-dodge-dodge-truck-eagle-jee.jpg

iac.jpg

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
geroux
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't think those two parts are interchangeable. That plungers position is controlled by a motor and I would think the static position would have to be the same.
geroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

that was my thought too. they certainly are different in appearance but it is the number the parts guru says fits this jeep so I wanted to be sure it wasn't interchangeable before I take it back tomorrow.

any other opinions?
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
LukeADukes
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggarage View Post
that was my thought too. they certainly are different in appearance but it is the number the parts guru says fits this jeep so I wanted to be sure it wasn't interchangeable before I take it back tomorrow.

any other opinions?
Who is this parts guru
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeADukes View Post
Who is this parts guru
I just meant the fellow behind the counter at O'reilly's.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

when I search the o'reilly website. I get a picture of the same one I bought. does anybody know if this is possibly a change in design that does not effect function?

the picture is also the same on NAPA's site. I am beginning to believe despite the difference in appearance that they must be interchangeable, but I would like some confirmation from someone who has done the swap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.