New gas tank skid plate... can you say aluminum? - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New gas tank skid plate... can you say aluminum?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #301
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar View Post
On topic, or not, it bumps this back to the top...

The mirror is awesome and, amazingly enough, it still works! I haven't had a fire related to my wiring harness mod either.

The other day, the mirror told me it doesn't miss you, at all. Sorry!

To somewhat keep on topic, the Savvy skid has drawn questions and attention where ever we go around here...

- What is that?
- How much does it weigh?
- How hard was the install?
- What's it cost?
- How can an aluminum skid be of any good?

One person even thought it was a giant aluminum muffler!
LOL muffler.
Great job on the install. I remember the frustration you had to go through.

CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #302
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

:car rot:
ordered mine today... woot! my jeep needs to go on a diet
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #303
Ohiodish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Free shipping on a 32 pound package... Sounds good to me I just ordered. Need to upgrade OEM and this looks solid.
Ohiodish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #304
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

THANKS Everyone! You won't be disappointed. The sale ends June 1st! So get your skid before prices go up and free shipping is no more.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #305
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gerald, is the free shipping for military thing going to be a regular thing or no? I ask because while I'm not in the market for a gas tank skid currently, I will be in the market for other armor here soon, and I intend to wait until you release whatever else you've got up next before making a purchase.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #306
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Gerald, is the free shipping for military thing going to be a regular thing or no? I ask because while I'm not in the market for a gas tank skid currently, I will be in the market for other armor here soon, and I intend to wait until you release whatever else you've got up next before making a purchase.
After June 1st, the free Military shipping in the contiguous US kicks in.

We appreciate what you folks in the Service do and this is a very small way for us to show it.
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #307
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do we need to do anything? Scan our military ID and email you a copy or what? I've had to do that for other companies, so I'm just curious. I mean, I know you know I'm in Kuwait Blaine, but someone else may be curious.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #308
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do we need to do anything? Scan our military ID and email you a copy or what? I've had to do that for other companies, so I'm just curious. I mean, I know you know I'm in Kuwait Blaine, but someone else may be curious.
Just a simple pic of you and your buddies in uniform standing next to a 5 star general with both hands on a .50 cal will suffice quite nicely.
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #309
Humboldt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
Yesterday I got the chance to run some pretty nasty, rarely used trails a couple valleys over from Johnson Valley. I took some "Interesting Lines" down a very tight canyon (Read: I went out of my way to drag, drop and generally abuse the skid) and let me tell you, it is alot harder than I thought to hit a raised and tucked gas skid on purpose Several times I would tell my passenger, hold on this is gonna be loud and a good hit....and nothing would happen My rear bumper took more abuse.

10 miles of trails later all I had to show for my efforts was a 1 inch gouge and a large collection of scrapes on the dimple from one particularly hard drop and slide directly on it.

No deformation what so ever from hits I know would have crushed my stock skid.

Ill post some pics up tonight when I get home.

Humboldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #310
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Just a simple pic of you and your buddies in uniform standing next to a 5 star general with both hands on a .50 cal will suffice quite nicely.
Does the .50 cal need to be mounted on any specific vehicle, or will a standard tripod work?

Smartass

Unread 05-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #311
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks Joe, looks like you gave it a bit of a work-out?
Unread 05-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #312
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does the .50 cal need to be mounted on any specific vehicle, or will a standard tripod work?

Smartass
Alright, perhaps you and Joe can help us with a way to make pretty sure someone is in the military that's easy for them to do and not much hassle.
Unread 05-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #313
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll PM you.

Unread 05-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #314
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Joe,

Was your rear cross member bent up or just the stock skid? It looks like the stock tank skid is up on the right side. My 2003 looked similar and I had to spend some time with a 3 pounder to get it back in shape. The new mounting bracket was designed so this won't happen again.

Thanks for the pictures the Jeep looks great!

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #315
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks kinda like a gorgeous girl with a beauty mark...

So far, in our testing, it's been hard to hit the skid. Those curbs are only so high at the mall.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.