new to factory soft tops/care - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new to factory soft tops/care

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
jeepboy85

new to factory soft tops/care

hi everyone, i recently got a factory soft top for my fairly new wrangler and I was wondering if anyone else has a hard time with the zippers on the back window, no matter what I do I always seem to have to apply a lot of pressure, more so than should be necessary, I was wondering if this was common or if there is something I could possibly be doing wrong, I follow all of the directions.
Also do the windows really skratch as easily as people say? I have the dark tinted ones and I was wondering if its ok to store the back window rolled up in the top with the top down or if this will permantly damage the rear window.
Thanks for any feedback on the care and use of the factory soft top...

jeepboy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

If the rear window isn't positioned correctly it will be harder to zip. ANy soft top I have had it is a little harder to zip when you get to the corners....top left and right...I think there is something you can put on them to make them slide easier...some have posted it on here but I can't remember what it was.

The windows will scratch if you have a lot of dust or dirt on them when rolling them up. If you don't want them to scratch take your windows out after you wash your jeep and leave them out.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
papogi

Rubbing some candle wax on the zippers should help, but I just rely on keeping the zippers reasonably clean. When zipping, zip slowly. Momentum can increase wear on the plastic zippers and can break zipper pulls. If you run into a tough spot, wiggle the zipper pull quickly but gently from side to side (changing the angle from which you are pulling on the zipper), and it usually works. Also, make sure that the window is lined up and flat just before the zipper pull.
papogi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.