New Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New Exhaust

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
JB_Thompson
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New Exhaust

I have a 98 wrangler 4.0 and I'm looking to get a new exhaust kit for it. I've been looking around at the brands like flowmaster, Corsa, Banks etc. Im just looking for some input on what is the best setup at a reasonable price

JB_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
t-bud61
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back system on my 98 TJ and I love it. $150 with free shipping on amazon, easy instal, not too loud.
t-bud61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

+1 on Dynomax.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using JeepForum
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
alienator
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have Borla and I'm 100% happy
alienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
onyxthecat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Banks
onyxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
slmason72
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just did a lot of research on this and concluded pretty much what the posts in this thread have already shown. Once you decide to buy a quality brand, it's pretty much personal preference. The audiophiles will tell you this one drones more or that one is a bit throatier, but you won't find much consensus. Youre also going to run into a huge debate over added horsepower. Again, there's a wide swing in thought on this. What I was able to decipher is that the HP gain, if any, might be in the 2-5 range, and you might be gaining those HP just from the cool factor of having a specific brand.

I ended up with a Magnaflo, new cat and muffler, turned down right before the axle. Just installed yesterday. Sounds great compared to the cherry bomb glass pack that was on it. It's a little throaty on takeoff, but won't piss off the neighbors, doesn't seem to drone on the highway, and installed with cat, cost me under $300. At least half of that was the cat.
slmason72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
JB_Thompson
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you order your parts from?
JB_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
slmason72
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Local muffler shop north of ATL.
slmason72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.