new engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new engine

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
jonathondg
1997 TJ Wrangler 

new engine

Ok i am the owner of a 97 tj. it has a 2.5l 4 banger in it and it only gets like 14 miles a gallon. so i thought if im going to get bad gas mileage i should have the power to go with it. i want to find the best candidate. i would prefer something kind of unique. but still have off road abilites. i have a 6.2l diesel i was thinking about but i think it would be a little much to change everything to diesel. any sugestions would be a great help.

jonathondg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Get a rebuilt stock AMC stroker. I have a '97 sport and the stock amc engines are just fine. In fact I would prefer the straight 6 to a v8 because they are way more solid for off roading. There is a reason why Jeep put them in there in the first place.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

get a 4.0, when my motor goes, not any time soon(only 133,000 miles), im gonna stocke it to a 4.6l, if i have the funds lol

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.