New A/C actuator is having issues. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New A/C actuator is having issues.

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
mtowery
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New A/C actuator is having issues.

So on my 99 TJ I had an issue with my A/C blend door and it wasnt running properly and only letting heat in even with the coldest setting. So i bought a new one since the old motor is weak and the main gear has a piece on it that seems to be purposely blocking it from doing full rotations... go figure. took a video of it (but cant seem to upload it..) and trying to get some help now. for the love of god.. I need A/C liek I said.. the main gear is continuously hitting the proceeding gear and the motor is just turning but giving no outcome.. help??

mtowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Can you close the door by hand when the actuator is removed? Maybe the arm that goes from the motor in the actuator to the door is broken.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.