Needed Parts to lift a TJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Needed Parts to lift a TJ

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
theres a good reason for that. since it was only available from 2003-2006 most of the soccer moms that bought them have long since traded them in or resold them. most people that have them now are wheelers and are not planning on letting them go...ever
Not EVER!

Good luck with the search! I know they are rare here in AZ, and we are fortunate enough not to deal with rust issues.

Unread 09-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
Caddac

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
$800 is pretty reasonable if you are including gears. Your best bet is to take the axles out of the Jeep and bring them to the shop. They wont charge as much.

Also you HAVE TO regear both axles at the same time.

Is there a reason you want a long arm vs. short arm kit? Just wondering, you could go either route.

Hopefully you can find a Rubi!
After going through a lot of threads and getting a lot of input from other owners, I determined that the long arm would be most suitable because it provides the most smooth ride both on and off the road, instead of leaning more to one side. And thanks I'm determined
Caddac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddac View Post
I determined that the long arm would be most suitable because it provides the most smooth ride both on and off the road
I think you will find a lot of people that disagree with this statement

IMO long arms are unnecessary on a jeep. Mid arms if you want to extend the wheelbase and run 12-14" travel shocks, other than that, shortarms will give you the best ride and are plenty capable off road
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
Caddac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
I think you will find a lot of people that disagree with this statement

IMO long arms are unnecessary on a jeep. Mid arms if you want to extend the wheelbase and run 12-14" travel shocks, other than that, shortarms will give you the best ride and are plenty capable off road
Its just what I got from going through threads, such as

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/lo...ension-613019/
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #35
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ahhh, ok, well most of that thread is over 4 years old. and the majority of the people supporting long arm set ups have small post counts. the main knowledge guys say it in there. no real benefit unless you stretch it and actually hurt your break over angle
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #36
Caddac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed
ahhh, ok, well most of that thread is over 4 years old. and the majority of the people supporting long arm set ups have small post counts. the main knowledge guys say it in there. no real benefit unless you stretch it and actually hurt your break over angle
I just paid more attention to how they mention that the long arm runs much smoother on the street than short arm. And requires a lot less "spot on" decisions

Tags
35" , 4" , lift , modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.