Needed Parts to lift a TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Needed Parts to lift a TJ

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Needed Parts to lift a TJ

Alright so, I've been planning on getting a TJ for quite some time, and now that I have the money for one, I'd like to create a budget page for the modifications needed to lift it 4"SL and 1"BL on 35"s. From what I have gathered in the forums so far, I need:
SL ~ $2869
BL ~ $150-200
Dana44 (with slip yoke eliminator and 4.88 gears included) ~ $3000
link to dana 44 assembly http://www.justjeeps.com/product.php...8&cat=0&page=2
Double Cardan driveshaft ~ $500
HD drag link and tie rods ~ $350
Power Steering Cooler ~
EBC Yellow brake pads ~ $90
Frame tire carrier ~ $500-700

All prices are approximate guesses based on products from Justjeeps.com (I'm Canadian)

Anything that I'm missing or possibly don't need? So far I just want the lift and tires for looks, as it will be a street jeep for now, but I wouldn't mind taking it offroad as well.

Last edited by Caddac; 09-16-2012 at 10:13 PM..
Caddac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
leaf777
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You'll need to regear your front axle to 4.88 right? I purchased a xfer case shifter relocation bracket after a BL, I didn't think it worked smoothly before the bracket. $80. I also used a high clearance skid so you may not have a problem.
leaf777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm new to the whole jeep scene, so I have no idea what to say haha. That's why I'm here trying to get advice from you guys here.
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddac
I'm new to the whole jeep scene, so I have no idea what to say haha. That's why I'm here trying to get advice from you guys here.
Yes you will need to regear front axle.
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'd regear both at the same time to save some money and be done with it.

I would also check out northridge4x4.ca as they just updated their website and have a ton of products. I've ordered plenty of things from them and they've never let me down. They also have free shipping on orders over $100.

Also, if you're saying you're new to the whole jeep world, I'd read a few threads on lifts, tires, etc. Just to get a basic understanding of what you really want to get out of your jeep. There should be a few stickied threads at the top.

Where in canada are you??
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I live in the GTA just above toronto. And alright, thank you for the website. One thing I kinda hate is the shortage of Canadian jeep part providers.
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddac
I live in the GTA just above toronto. And alright, thank you for the website. One thing I kinda hate is the shortage of Canadian jeep part providers.
As do I, but it's slowly growing.
Another good company is TMR Customs, they are based in Ontario. They make some pretty sick armor, skids, bumpers, etc.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Jeeper

As do I, but it's slowly growing.
Another good company is TMR Customs, they are based in Ontario. They make some pretty sick armor, skids, bumpers, etc.
Alright awesome. Thanks
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

3000 is a lot to spend on an axle. Especially without a selectable locker. Check out East Coast Gear Supply's 8.8s. You can have them built any way you'd like. I'm a bigger fan of the 44, however the money you save with the 8.8 either ordering it or building one yourself can be put towards something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsurf7713 View Post
3000 is a lot to spend on an axle. Especially without a selectable locker. Check out East Coast Gear Supply's 8.8s. You can have them built any way you'd like. I'm a bigger fan of the 44, however the money you save with the 8.8 either ordering it or building one yourself can be put towards something else.
Alright, I will check it out, thank you. I just made the list from looking at a couple of threads so
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

bumpity bump i need some more opinions
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

$2,869 for a short arm lift? What brand lift are you going with? Do not forget to purchase a new rear driveshaft.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quick observation. but you don't have any money budgeted for the 35's in your OP. Do you already have them and are wanting a higher lift? I used to have 315's on my old Dodge 4x4 pickup and they were not cheap for a set of four (five since I guess you are adding the frame tire carrier). Also, are these going on stock wheels? If its a budget consideration, these things need to be included.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Doctor View Post
$2,869 for a short arm lift? What brand lift are you going with? Do not forget to purchase a new rear driveshaft.
nononono, its for a long arm SuspensionLift haha :P

link - http://www.justjeeps.com/product.php...6&cat=0&page=2

and I forgot to add that to my list. I already had it on my personal budget that I have written down.
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
Caddac
Poor College Student

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
Quick observation. but you don't have any money budgeted for the 35's in your OP. Do you already have them and are wanting a higher lift? I used to have 315's on my old Dodge 4x4 pickup and they were not cheap for a set of four (five since I guess you are adding the frame tire carrier). Also, are these going on stock wheels? If its a budget consideration, these things need to be included.
I already added that to my budget. the tires are going to cost 400-500 separately but I could get a deal if i buy 5. I didn't add the cost of them or the rims at the moment because they would be much easier to get deals on and bargain prices on.

Tags
35" , 4" , lift , modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.