Need some info and a part - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some info and a part

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
bc8208
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Need some info and a part

the part number is 53010207. the part is an alternator/ac compressor mounting bracket.

The Story: Driving the other day with my wife I started hearing a rough vibrating sound coming from under the hood. As i was pulling over to check it out I noticed that I had no power steering. Come to find out the serpentine belt had come off, not snapped or shredded, it came all the way off. The bearings went bad in the idler pulley and melted the bracket so the tension on the belt bent the bracket. i called the dealer here in Honolulu, the part is currently on national backorder. Anybody out there have or know of anyone who has this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

bc8208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe try here? http://www.daveysjeeps.com/
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
bc8208
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey GOLENJEEPTJ. Thanks a lot they have the part and are shipping it out here tomorrow. Man you are a life saver.
bc8208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
newguy2004

got mine from napa. if that helps for future ref.
newguy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idler pulley

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.