Need some advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Need some advice

Hey guys, I'm new so if I make any forum mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently got a 1999 TJ Sport and a few weeks ago I lifted the carpet to see how the floorboard condition was. It all looked promising until I reached the front to see a massive hole rusting in on the diver's side and the passenger side has surface rust. I have a buddy of mine who will fix the hole by patching it over and welding it but here comes the main reason I'm posting this. I want to pull my carpet and get the entire interior bed lined. My problem is that I have no experience stripping paint or lining so here's the question:

Should I do it myself? Or get it done. I know getting it done can run around $500 but I want it done right. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search. There is a couple of good how to threads. Then you can judge for yourself if you can or want to tackle the job.
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Found some good ones, thanks.
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are you gonna do it yourself or have it done?

Its not a tough job really.
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
NH2112
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

However long it takes to get the seats, console & carpet out, $125 for a Herculiner kit at NAPA, sandpaper and/or Scotch-Brite to rough up the paint & metal that was welded in, lint-free cloths and lacquer thinner to get all the dust off, and an hour or 2 on both Saturday & Sunday to apply 2 coats of Herculiner with 24 hours drying time in between.

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed line , liner , tj , wrangler , rust

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.