Need some advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some advice

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 08-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Need some advice

Hey guys, I'm new so if I make any forum mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently got a 1999 TJ Sport and a few weeks ago I lifted the carpet to see how the floorboard condition was. It all looked promising until I reached the front to see a massive hole rusting in on the diver's side and the passenger side has surface rust. I have a buddy of mine who will fix the hole by patching it over and welding it but here comes the main reason I'm posting this. I want to pull my carpet and get the entire interior bed lined. My problem is that I have no experience stripping paint or lining so here's the question:

Should I do it myself? Or get it done. I know getting it done can run around $500 but I want it done right. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search. There is a couple of good how to threads. Then you can judge for yourself if you can or want to tackle the job.
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Found some good ones, thanks.
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are you gonna do it yourself or have it done?

Its not a tough job really.
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
NH2112
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

However long it takes to get the seats, console & carpet out, $125 for a Herculiner kit at NAPA, sandpaper and/or Scotch-Brite to rough up the paint & metal that was welded in, lint-free cloths and lacquer thinner to get all the dust off, and an hour or 2 on both Saturday & Sunday to apply 2 coats of Herculiner with 24 hours drying time in between.

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed line , liner , tj , wrangler , rust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.