Need replacement softtop for 06 65th anniv - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need replacement softtop for 06 65th anniv

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
gevalia
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Need replacement softtop for 06 65th anniv

Guys,

I'm an infrequent traveler on the forum but I need a little help. I am looking to replace the softtop on my 06 TJ 65th anniversary edition. Full doors and I have all hardwre.

Given current finances, I'm looking for an oem tinted windows replacement that doesn't break the bank. Suggestions? Oh, the color is that grey/khaki color (is that spice?).

Ron

gevalia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
extsp2
2000 WJ 

are you looking for new or used? surf the classifieds on this forum, search on craigslist for a good used one or check out websites like quadratec, 4wdparts or jc whitney.
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
MAMMOTH
Wooly Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Grey/Khaki is not spice.
Spice is more of a tan.
Sailcloth Replace-a-top from Bestop is one of the best out there considering they made the factory top.
There are tons of options for tops, but in my opinion factory is the best design.
2007 JK Unlimited - The wife's ride.
MAMMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You need a new top already? Bestop sailcloth replace a top is as good as you can get.They only come in black diamond and khaki.If your factory top is actually gray,you can only get it from Mopar and they're expensive.I had a gray top on my 05' and switched it to black.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_073X_PG.htm
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
gevalia
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
You need a new top already?
Yeah, the stritching has rotted in a in large patches - nothing abnormal about use, just rotted. And the rear window zipper (on the top not the window) pulled out. Had a sailmaker friend look at possibly restitching the top and he essentially said with the material and rot, any repair would not last long.
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevalia View Post
Yeah, the stritching has rotted in a in large patches - nothing abnormal about use, just rotted. And the rear window zipper (on the top not the window) pulled out. Had a sailmaker friend look at possibly restitching the top and he essentially said with the material and rot, any repair would not last long.
That's unusual,my factory top on my 98' lasted 10 years before it got bad.
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
gevalia
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's unusual,my factory top on my 98' lasted 10 years before it got bad.
Glad to hear its not normal but not too happy it happened to me. They are expensive. And I've been searching for used or new and most of the used come with their own problems. Who knows, maybe it's the Connecticut curse.
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Who knows, maybe it's the Connecticut curse.
I grew up in Enfield CT.The road salt does wonders for a vehicle.
Unread 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
gevalia
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks all. I dislike Quadratec but they had a Mopar replace-a-top softtop in khaki for 399.99 so I went with it. If funders were better, I would have gone with the sailcloth bestop but you know how times are.

Interesting though how you can get black soft tops all day long but khaki seems to be scarce.
Unread 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks all. I dislike Quadratec but they had a Mopar replace-a-top softtop in khaki for 399.99 so I went with it. If funders were better, I would have gone with the sailcloth bestop but you know how times are.

Interesting though how you can get black soft tops all day long but khaki seems to be scarce.
A mopar top for $399? That's cheap.I checked their site and a Mopar sailcloth top was $1149.Was it Bestop? I like Q-tec because everything I order gets to my house the very next day.I'm waiting on a UPS package from them now.I backed into the garage and broke a light.
Unread 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
gevalia
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A mopar top for $399? That's cheap.I checked their site and a Mopar sailcloth top was $1149.Was it Bestop? I like Q-tec because everything I order gets to my house the very next day.I'm waiting on a UPS package from them now.I backed into the garage and broke a light.
No, it was the Mopar replace-a-top - not sailcloth. The Original top. Just put it on and the rig looks presentable once again. Don't have the cash for sailcloth or I would have gone that route with Bestop.

Regarding QTec, I HATE their bogus and dishonest shipping charge policy. I use to write software for shipping companies so I'm good with shipping rates of all carriers. QTec charges shipping by how much you spend not by weight and/or dimensions of package - then they charge an oversize $$ on top of that. Based on what I know of rates, that is a real scummy business practice. No carrier's shipping rates are based on content $$$, insurance is but not shipping rates.
Unread 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
doshounds22
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Regarding QTec, I HATE their bogus and dishonest shipping charge policy. I use to write software for shipping companies so I'm good with shipping rates of all carriers. QTec charges shipping by how much you spend not by weight and/or dimensions of package - then they charge an oversize $$ on top of that. Based on what I know of rates, that is a real scummy business practice. No carrier's shipping rates are based on content $$$, insurance is but not shipping rates.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on their shipping. Although if you find the same product cheaper elsewhere they will price match on the shipped price. They just did on my Bestop Trektop NX and the competitor didnt even have it in stock, they didnt care, good customer service!
doshounds22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.