Need rear UCA Bracket measurements - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need rear UCA Bracket measurements

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 04-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Need rear UCA Bracket measurements

I need a favour, I have removed my old brackets as they were tearing off the frame, I have since patched and reinforced the area but do not know where to put them back on (the old hole has been closed over and would rather leave it like that for further reinforcement). I need the measurement from front leg of the bracket that attaches to the frame to the bolt hole. My aftermarket brackets are bit shorter but I should be able to figure out exactly where to put it.

Alternatively, the measurement from the LCA Hole to the UCA along the X-axis will suffice as well.
Thanks!

Unread 04-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
I need a favour, I have removed my old brackets as they were tearing off the frame, I have since patched and reinforced the area but do not know where to put them back on (the old hole has been closed over and would rather leave it like that for further reinforcement). I need the measurement from front leg of the bracket that attaches to the frame to the bolt hole. My aftermarket brackets are bit shorter but I should be able to figure out exactly where to put it.

Alternatively, the measurement from the LCA Hole to the UCA along the X-axis will suffice as well.
Thanks!
I'll get you the dimension from the bare frame I have, but the only two you are concerned with are related to the bolt hole. I'll get the distance up from the lower control arm hole and front or back along the frame to some other common point.
Unread 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That would be great, aybe back inner corner of frame since the gas tank is out, it is easily accessible and/or from middle of back TC Skid bolt hole? Assuming it isn't a pre-2003 frame, I would assume the location of the holes are a little off? I can't remember if they are different
Unread 04-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
That would be great, aybe back inner corner of frame since the gas tank is out, it is easily accessible and/or from middle of back TC Skid bolt hole? Assuming it isn't a pre-2003 frame, I would assume the location of the holes are a little off? I can't remember if they are different
The bracket is angled so the dimensions are to the center of the bolt hole closest to the frame. The distance up from the center of the LCA bolt hole is 4 5/8" and the distance forward from the INSIDE face of the rear crossmember is 40". Cross those two points and you're golden.

The easy way for the vertical measurement is to clamp the mount in place with a bolt sticking out of the lower and a bolt in the upper. Measure from the top of one to the top of the other and account for diameter differences.
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome that is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks again!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.