Need a new soft top. Help please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need a new soft top. Help please!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Need a new soft top. Help please!

Yes I have searched the googles and read reviews of all or most. Seems like most people are willing to give a good review if what they order shows up. I just don't have the time to search anymore. Can Y'all here in the know just give the cold hard facts?! I guess I'm just wanting the best for the money. I get that twice the cost may mean it last twice as long! I'd pay for that, BUT I don't want to pay an extra $150 because of name brand hype either. Thanks for any advice.

2000 TJ with OEM

Unread 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh some more info would help with recommendations:

- Do you have a soft top now (I assume so)? Is it the OEM frame (not a Bestotop Super top)

- Is the frame in good condition?

- How do you want to use the top? Put it all the way down which the OEM can do or do you want a frameless which is easy to convert to a safari but not as easy to take off.

- Do you want items such as a sunrider opening? A couple of the frameless option offer easy window storage.

Sorry but you need to do some research and narrow down what you want.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop sailcloth replace a top or Rampage sailcloth bowless.You can find good deals on both at Amazon.com
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Davf24
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh some more info would help with recommendations:

- Do you have a soft top now (I assume so)? Is it the OEM frame (not a Bestotop Super top)

- Is the frame in good condition?

- How do you want to use the top? Put it all the way down which the OEM can do or do you want a frameless which is easy to convert to a safari but not as easy to take off.

- Do you want items such as a sunrider opening? A couple of the frameless option offer easy window storage.

Sorry but you need to do some research and narrow down what you want.
Agreed.
But for my own 2cents, I tried a knock off tau-no cover for the jeep and sent it back, go with Best Top if your looking for new.
Davf24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had the OEM sailcloth on mine for years until it started coming apart. I replaced mine with a quadratec replace a top softop. It comes with a 3yr warranty so it's another reason I went with it. It's not a sailcloth however it's a tight fit so it's actually not real noisy. I chose not to get a sailcloth because I run a hardtop in the colder months and in the summer months I have the top down more than I have it up. Plus I didn't want to mess a $600 top up on a trail ride. If it was my only top, I might have gone with a sailcloth. But the quadratec top so far has been a great top. The zippers are same quality as OEM, I had to pinch the zippers a little tighter because I was having issues when it zipped in certain sections it wouldn't zip and had a hole where it should have zipped. Easy fix by adjusting the zip tighter.

Talk to the rep on here from quadratec. He gave me a nice deal on a full top with tinted windows and front uppers for a great price.
Yellow Jeep Member #42
01 TJ, HP 30/Locked, dana44/locked, 4.88's, 4in ProComp Springs, JKS 1.25 bl, JKS Trackbar, Currie Arms, RS9000XL shocks, 35x12.50 MTR Kevlars, 15x8 Soft 8's, Skyjacker Discos, Brown Dog MML, SYE, Smittybilt Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, Currie Steering, Warn x8000i
03 Jeep TJ, 1 Ton Project. 79 Dana 60/dana 70, 5.9L 360, hiline tube fenders
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
higgins192
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a best top supertop and I liked it. It never leaked but it was noisy not as bad as the OEM style. But it's a pain in the *** to take on and off
higgins192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:00 AM   #7
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry been real busy but I think I'm about to order a Bestop sailcloth replace a top. After the mail rebate it's $470.. That doesn't sound bad at all.

I'm going black with tint and is a no doors needed order. For a 2000 tj with original frame. I have one of the barbie gold jeeps I saw that it's called somewhere. It's a desert tan look if you ask me ! !
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
Sdw71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Put it on last night. Seems like it's going to be a great top. I'm no expert but seems very high quality & was a perfect fit. Would never have got it on without help though. I could not get it to latch up front without someone pushing on the hardware. I'm sure that's just because it's new & needs to stretch. Lovin the new look.

I know Bestop sells something but are there other protectants I could/should use? This is not considered Vinyl is it??? It's a new Bestop sailcloth replace a top. THANKS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.