Need a little tech help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need a little tech help.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
tautog27

Need a little tech help.

I have two questions for you guys. I have a 04 Rubicon with a Fab-Tec adjustable lift, 8000lbs. Warn on the front, and a few other light modifications. I bought the lift, really to level everything out once I added the winch, which sunk the front. The adjustable towers are all the way extended in the front and not at all in the back. The problem I'm having is when traveling on the road; even the smallest bump causes the rear to bounce multiple times before settling down. Every time I drive it, I feel like I've joined the PBR. I'm almost considering buying another lift to remedy the problem, but then I'm concerned that again the Jeep will be way unlevel again. Second, does anyone know where to buy, or how to build a hand throttle? I saw a few guys running them at Tellico, and would love to get my hands on one; they really seem to help keep everything smooth on those long, tricky climbs. Any suggestions, thoughts, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ross

tautog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
lightfighter

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynami...p?folderid=785 hand throttle at rubicon express.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
RUB1CON

I cant help you much with the lift situation dont know anyone who runs the Adj. spacers maybe raise the rear end a little, sounds kind of odd but the hand throttle check www.redrock4x4.com he has good prices and a forum sponsor and also I think you can get a write up here on it www.stu-offroad.com
Unread 04-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
tautog27

RE: Need a little tech help

Thanks guys, I purchased the hand throttle from Rubicon Express. I was thinking, is it possible I've blown out my rear shocks, and that's what is causing the bounce? There almost new, but I guess anything is possible?
Unread 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
1BLKJP

If you push up and down on the rear bumper and then let go does it continue to bounce or does it stop as soon as you stop putting tension on it?
1BLKJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
tautog27

Need a little tech help

Jack,

Pushing down on the bumper is pretty easy, it quickly returns, but with an ever so slight bounce at the top of it's cycle. I was also thinking it's much worse with the hard top on, and flat out terrible with passengers in the rear, it really bottoms out on the trail. I've tightened up the springs, but as soon as I start doing that, the rear sits substaintly higher than the front? I'm really at a loss, if I put spring blocks are anything else in there, I'll lose the articulation............... HELP!
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
COwheeler

Sounds like the shocks. For a test, you can throw the stock shocks back on there. They won't be long enough for flexing and such, but they'll be fine for testing the theory.
COwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
tautog27

Thanks, I'll switch them out this weekend, and see if that ends up being the problem.
Unread 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
tautog27

Thanks, guys! Switching out the shocks fixed the problem. I guess the shocks that came with lift kit were to large. The hand throttle came today, hopefully I'll get a chance to intall it this weekend. Thanks again!!!! Ross

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.