need help on tires and suspension lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help on tires and suspension lift

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-26-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
williamwells8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

need help on tires and suspension lift

i have a 1999 jeep wrangler that i have taken off my dads hands. i need some help on deciding on what brand and size tires to get and also what suspension lift. i was thinking about Pro Comp Radial Mud Terrain Tires size 33x12.50 for 15 rims and then getting a 3 inch lift but i don't know which kind. the front of jeep is heavy because i put a 100 pound winch on a already new heavy bumper so i don't know if i should get a bigger lift. Any help would be helpful and i have not the greatest amount of money in the world. Freshman at the University of Alabama

williamwells8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

do you plan on wheeling or street queen? if wheeling what type of conditions?

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i say paint it NAVY BLUE. just kidding. i would do a lot of reading on this forum, it won't steer you wrong. good luck and WAR EAGLE

and just because you're new. roll tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
williamwells8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

its my car i drive around on street but i would go through only mud. not ready to risk flipping it with crawling and is already is navy blue (((
williamwells8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:11 AM   #5
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

that was just a failed attempt at internet humor(auburn colors). i would read the TJ tech boot camp and TJ specs in my sig, I found a lot of usefull info in there when i first started visiting this forum.
there are a number of jeep "enlightened people" on here that will be more than willing to help. i myself am very limited in most things jeep, so needless to say i spend countless hours on here while at work.
if i can help in anyway just shoot me a p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
help needed , jeep wrangler , suspension lift , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.