need help with steering issue and running to rich issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help with steering issue and running to rich issue

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Dadseagleeyes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

need help with steering issue and running to rich issue

ok, i had a 4in rc long arm, 1in MML, 1.25BL put on 2 weeks ago now, i was up at rausch creek,pa this past weekend and begun to get play in my steering wheel, replaced the tire rod end that connects to pitman arm, but i still have play in the wheel, i also noticed that i can kinda rock the pitman arm up and down, looks like the guy the did my lift install put the new drop pitman arm on it, do i need to tighten it or what, i tried to tighten it with a little force but the nut wouldnt move, but that was just with a 3/8 drive 6in ratchet,,should i go to a shop and let them air wrench it tight or could my pitman arm be bad? just trying to get this fixed before the trail cleaning/making this saturday,, any help i would be greatful for,,,thanks for all the help in advance,,charlie j.

ps. its a 97 tj with 2.5l 5spd with 33x12.5x15 km2's, locked frt, open rear,,jet chip, thrush muffler,

also one other item i have been fighting for months,, i have been averaging about 3mpg,,its aweful,,, i have black smoke coming from tail pipe, its only noticable when i down shift and hit the gas, or when i park on my concrete i can see black on the concrete,, does anyone have any knowledge of a common problem that causes this,,, it has a code for o2 sensor upper bank, i plan on getting one of those saturday or sunday, i was told that the o2 sensor would not cause that much of a rich condition, i also was told to change the map sensor, i just changed it today, i cleaned my plugs and the o2 sensor, but still seems to be way to rich,, any help i'll take,,,thanks,, if any other info is needed please pm me or reply here,,,thanks so much everyone,,,,charlie j. (i know i am gonna get bad gas milage due to the lift and tires,but i dont think it should be this bad,a few of my wheeling friends have about the same setup and they can fill up here in york,pa and drive to rausch creek,pa(1hr one way) and wheel then get gas on the way home,,i fill up here(york) then when i get to rausch,pa then bout 12pm or 1pm(about 12 miles of trail riding) have to go get more gas then fill up before i head home around 630 after wheeling(12 to 20 miles on trails),,,lol,,,HELP WITH THIS PLEASE,,,Cant afford all this gas i'm using/losing,,,,thanks ,,,charlie j.

Dadseagleeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
flooding , gas milage , oxygen sensor , pitman arm , steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.