Need Help picking rear corner guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Help picking rear corner guards

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Need Help picking rear corner guards

I have a LJ and I backed into a tree satuday I'M getting the dent fixed--but I want some corner protection and LED taillights.

After searching the net and several catalogs I'M not sure which ones to get, I think I just want the "shorty ones" Does anyone have any suggestions? and are the short corner guards the same for a TJ as well as a LJ?

Thanks for any suggestions and I would like to see some pictures of different corner guards.

mrfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Red04X
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you are going to put on corner guards then don't bother spending the money to fix the damage. When you get the corners just beat out the damage so that it fits and bolt them on. As for shorts or longs that would depend on what your long term goals are and of course money. Not sure if the shorties are the same for the LJ or not but you can check on any of the manufacturer's sites and it will say. Robert
Red04X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im planning on getting a set of Rokmen full corners for my LJ in the near future but they also offer shorties as well. Im just a big fan of their products in general!
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
saltyLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I did the exact same thing to my LJ. I ordered corner guards from gen-right off road they are a quality company. The LJ corner guards are larger than a standard TJ guard. I suggest ordering them straight from gen-right. Hope this helps. Good Luck
saltyLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

or

I really want a set of these but Rokmen doesnt have any plans on making another batch just yet for LJs
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyLJ View Post
I did the exact same thing to my LJ. I ordered corner guards from gen-right off road they are a quality company. The LJ corner guards are larger than a standard TJ guard. I suggest ordering them straight from gen-right. Hope this helps. Good Luck
Thanks, I think Gen-Right looks like the one's to order so far. Did you go ahead and install Led lights? Can you post any pics of your Jeep?

I'M not going to fully repair the corner, just going to have the dent taken out and install the covers.

Thanks for the replys
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmens are the ones to order for the shortys! They go completely under the tailgate hinges.By far superior!They don't go around the hinges.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Don't get me wrong.I love Gen-Right products and have there gas tank skid and there rocker guards also.There 25 minutes from my house and the guy's are top notch!I just like the protection under the hinge that Rokmen has!
Unread 06-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
Cjensenr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I chose the corner guards from Warrior. I called the company and spoke to the rep there and was not all that impressed. They seemed ill responsive to the questions / comments and inquiries.

The product has been great so far. I guess that is the true testament to Warrior's quality.

C.
Cjensenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well I picked PSC trail corners
It was a hard choice but these already come powder coated and there 3/16". and came with mounting hardware.

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen, under the hinges and come with hardware also.Yep you just have to paint them.
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
stuntjumper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was down at Rokmen's shop a few months ago getting a gas tank skid and talked to one of the guys there for a while. He said that shorty's are fine for most people. Unless you are doing a lot of hard core wheeling, you don't really need the full guards other than for looks.
stuntjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
mrfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I think my tailgate hinges are pretty well protected by the bumper and spare tire carrier, but the corners weren't protected at all--due to my poor choice of a bumper and tire carrier!

I do like the idea of the light weight alum. but I was worried about prepping the alum. for paint and the added expense.

Thanks again for everyone's advice and help.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.