need help with lifts and budget - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help with lifts and budget

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
hodjojeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

need help with lifts and budget

What is the cheapest but reliable way to fit 35's on a TJ? And what else would i need running that size tire; gear wise etc? im pretty auto savy when it comes to motor work but never dealt with lifts and tires as the is my first off-roading rig. any help would be greatly appreciated. and thanks in advance for any help.

hodjojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Caribic-TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodjojeep View Post
What is the cheapest but reliable way to fit 35's on a TJ? And what else would i need running that size tire; gear wise etc? im pretty auto savy when it comes to motor work but never dealt with lifts and tires as the is my first off-roading rig. any help would be greatly appreciated. and thanks in advance for any help.
Hi Mike, unfortunately, there is no cheap way to fit 35" tires if you want to do it right. What kind of wheeling do you want to do?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ fully locked
Caribic-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No such thing. 'Fitting' 35's is easy. Running them reliably is a whole 'nother subject.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/i-...73/index4.html
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why do you need 35s? Start with something smaller, wheel it, and build it up as you go. This will allow you to upgrade as money allows and will also help you learn how to drive and pick lines.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

sawzall the fenders and live with inferior gearing is the cheapest way. Realistically there are a few ways but it really depends on what you want. Lift up, or LCOG build. You can even combine them. Each has their own additional modifications and costs. It's all up to you and how you want it to perform or look. For gears you'll want 4.88s for 35s to maintain stock performance and if you ever wanted a locker, that is the time to do it to keep labor costs down.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
hodjojeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for all the insight its really appreciated but i worded my question wrong i meant whats the most cost effective way to be able to fit 35's. like what kinda set up would you run. money isn't too much of an issue just wanted some insight on different ways i would be able to fit 35's. and as for why i need the 35's really i dont i could get away with 33's but my wife has 33's and we have a friendly competition going is all.
hodjojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
SolarOne
2005 LJ Wrangler 

^ Cheapest and most dangerous: a giant BL (3") & 2" spring spacers

Cost effective: highline/overline tube fenders.

They'll probably rub at full flex so maybe add low cost springs like the H&R 1.5/1.1 leveling lift springs ($180-190 complete set) and/or a small BL (1-1.25).

^ two totally different budgets, the first is plain stupid. I think every one can agree. The fenders can be had/done within the costs of CAs alone. How long/well will the stock CAs on 35's ??? IDK i'm still trying to figure out how to get there also. CL and the classified are probably your BF for goning damn near the best rout on a budget.

Last edited by SolarOne; 11-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Ack'ing Cheapest method is dangerous
SolarOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The most important mods should be upgraded brakes and steering.
carolinatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
35 , jeep , lift , tires , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.