Need Help Identifying My Lift with Pictures - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Help Identifying My Lift with Pictures

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, I ordered the parts I thought I need from the currie correct lync kit. They ended up being to big to fit.

I still need help to figure out if the steering system is a currie or not. I measured the tie rod thickness. My tie rod is 1.25" outer diameter. Is there anything else that I can measure to help fellow jeepforum member help me figure out this steering?

The two pieces that I need are the "end" that connects to the driver side tire and the "end" that connects to the pitman arm. see pictures 2 and 3 below.

more pics

Also, I am looking for a pitman arm, but none of the local oriellys, autozone, etc have them. Where did you get your replacement? The alignment shop said that the teeth were ground down.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
bairy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That is a clayton belly skid.
bairy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #18
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
So, I ordered the parts I thought I need from the currie correct lync kit. They ended up being to big to fit.

I still need help to figure out if the steering system is a currie or not. I measured the tie rod thickness. My tie rod is 1.25" outer diameter. Is there anything else that I can measure to help fellow jeepforum member help me figure out this steering?

The two pieces that I need are the "end" that connects to the driver side tire and the "end" that connects to the pitman arm. see pictures 2 and 3 below.

more pics

Also, I am looking for a pitman arm, but none of the local oriellys, autozone, etc have them. Where did you get your replacement? The alignment shop said that the teeth were ground down.
The teeth were ground down??? Did they take the pitman arm off to verify this? And their splines, if they called them teeth you may want to look for another ft. end man.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #19
xplodn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That looks just like the Currie Drag link, but the tie rod appears to be different. Isn't there a few other companies making the same steering upgrade? Might be more cost effective to just buy a new kit, either Currie or a crossover kit.

As for the ends, it does look like they left the shipping boots on and either cut them or the wore away?
xplodn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
alextremetj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The tie rod appears to be a Rustys unit.
alextremetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
danb303
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremetj View Post
The tie rod appears to be a Rustys unit.
YEP!!!!

looks just like the one I installed on my Rubicon last night. It that's the case then you can get the replacement end from any parts store. Look on Rusy's web page they give you the part number.
danb303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #22
danb303
2005 WK 

The replacement part # for the tie-rod ends is:

#52005740 / MOOG part # ES3095R (Right Hand)
#52005741 / MOOG part # ES3094L (Left Hand).

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste
danb303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
bbuske
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also, why are you paying for an alignment on a TJ? Do a search here or look at Stu's website. In reality all you can do is Toe in to like 1/8" .. there is really no other adjustments.. DS angle trumps caster (or is it camber)..

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Looking to Buy Full Doors and a HardTop near Northern California, PM me if you have them for sale or have a lead on some[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbuske is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.