Need help figuring out the right parts... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help figuring out the right parts...

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #16
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake
The part number you listed for the rear flare mount kit is actually for their LJ corners. http://www.metalcloak.com/Aluminum-L.../2435%20al.htm That's why I was confused. If you're not going to get corners, you just need the mounting plates and the flares. As for the rockers it doesn't really matter which set you get. If you do end up running metalcloak corners, then by all means get their sliders, as they'll integrate easily. If however you decide on going with someone else's corners in my case I'm going with the savvy AL corners, and I'll also run their rockers. I'll just need to buy their generic flare adapter kit. http://www.metalcloak.com/Generic-Co...-p/2910-al.htm Build thread sounds good so far. Don't forget some sort of speedo correction.
I keep flip-flopping between guards or not. Thus the mixup in part #s. I have a build thread setup and going with updates as I get things in.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

Why are you going with Savvy btw?

Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #17
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
I keep flip-flopping between guards or not. Thus the mixup in part #s. I have a build thread setup and going with updates as I get things in.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

Why are you going with Savvy btw?
The reason I'm going with Savvy corners vs. Metalcloak is compound.

1. Savvy corners are about $100 cheaper before rebates and discounts.

2. Savvy has full corner guards as in they fill in that little triangle shape the Metalcloak ones leave out by the door latch. It's been demonstrated several times on here, and in my personal experience that this is a spot you want protected.

3. Savvy corners are complete under the tailgate hinge. So in the case that you decide to run a CJ or drop down tailgate you can without the tub side hinge mounts being cut out. In the case of running an Exogate which is my plan, my chances are better for minimal modification. If I were to run the metalcloaks I would either have to fill in the hinge area, or grind the corner material away to make room for the Exogate hinges.

4. If you decide to add the MC flares later on, you can get MC's generic flare mount kit for $100, so for my end goal, they'll cost the same, protect more surface area, and work a bit more easily (considering the exogate/compatibility with their sliders).

The reason I'm going with Savvy sliders is because since I'm not going with MC corners for the reasons above, I won't benefit any from their integrated system. Also I like the aluminum offerings, and MC isn't offering aluminum rockers currently.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #18
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake
The reason I'm going with Savvy corners vs. Metalcloak is compound. 1. Savvy corners are about $100 cheaper before rebates and discounts. 2. Savvy has full corner guards as in they fill in that little triangle shape the Metalcloak ones leave out by the door latch. It's been demonstrated several times on here, and in my personal experience that this is a spot you want protected. 3. Savvy corners are complete under the tailgate hinge. So in the case that you decide to run a CJ or drop down tailgate you can without the tub side hinge mounts being cut out. In the case of running an Exogate which is my plan, my chances are better for minimal modification. If I were to run the metalcloaks I would either have to fill in the hinge area, or grind the corner material away to make room for the Exogate hinges. 4. If you decide to add the MC flares later on, you can get MC's generic flare mount kit for $100, so for my end goal, they'll cost the same, protect more surface area, and work a bit more easily (considering the exogate/compatibility with their sliders). The reason I'm going with Savvy sliders is because since I'm not going with MC corners for the reasons above, I won't benefit any from their integrated system. Also I like the aluminum offerings, and MC isn't offering aluminum rockers currently.
Great response! I'll look closer at the details you pointed out. Thanks!
Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.