JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   NEED HELP with check engine code U0155 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/need-help-check-engine-code-u0155-1523844/)

jasleighter 05-15-2013 06:59 PM

NEED HELP with check engine code U0155

I have a 2005 wrangler unlimited with 4.0 and manual trans. I'm having an issue with a check engine code U0155 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER/CCN. While driving the gauges will die starting with the speed/tac and the rest follow. The jeep will run for a few miles afterwards and shuts down as well. The code came on after I fixed the code for a bad oxygen sensor. I've been searching for the bad connection for a while now and all the wires seem to be fine. If anyone has ever had this problem and knows how to fix it please help me find a cure. If you have any ideas on what might be causing me issues please let me know.

KingofPop 06-09-2013 12:34 AM

Talking to local mechanic that I trust about similar problems, and he said that it was either a loose ground wire (theoretically eliminated) or a problem with the cluster. Left a message with a guy that will rebuild cluster in a couple of hours, as apparently clusters go bad. I have found several videos that detail how to repair the cluster, but I am now moving on to professional fixes.

I am currently dealing with the engine dying intermittently. Runs fine for a few weeks, then I can't make it to the gas station without it dying 3x. Will update as I learn anything.

Necko2529 06-09-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofPop (Post 15537563)
Talking to local mechanic that I trust about similar problems, and he said that it was either a loose ground wire (theoretically eliminated) or a problem with the cluster. Left a message with a guy that will rebuild cluster in a couple of hours, as apparently clusters go bad. I have found several videos that detail how to repair the cluster, but I am now moving on to professional fixes.

I am currently dealing with the engine dying intermittently. Runs fine for a few weeks, then I can't make it to the gas station without it dying 3x. Will update as I learn anything.

Have you checked you PCM connectors ? All pins are clean and have good contact ?

tommyduncan 06-09-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofPop (Post 15537563)

EDIT- reread post. I'm no help...

KingofPop 06-10-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necko2529 (Post 15537598)
Have you checked you PCM connectors ? All pins are clean and have good contact ?

Walking out to check it now...

Necko2529 06-10-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofPop (Post 15541248)
Walking out to check it now...

Anything ?

Pull em out and check both male and female side. Its usually the female side that gets corroded and gunked up...

KingofPop 06-13-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necko2529 (Post 15541283)
Anything ?

Pull em out and check both male and female side. Its usually the female side that gets corroded and gunked up...

Didn't see anything, but got some DeOxide cleaner and protectant. Cleaned all three relays as well as the connectors into the cluster. Buttoned it up today, and it died when I came inside for a minute. However, drove about 20 minutes with no problems. Fingers are crossed....

TrailJ 06-14-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofPop

Didn't see anything, but got some DeOxide cleaner and protectant. Cleaned all three relays as well as the connectors into the cluster. Buttoned it up today, and it died when I came inside for a minute. However, drove about 20 minutes with no problems. Fingers are crossed....

Had same on my 06. That helped, and the plugs under the dash toward the left kick panel were also corroded. Was dying and pulling same code. Been good after cleaning pcm plugs plugs under the dash.

'06 LJ

The time now is 04:37 PM.