Need help! Broken door bolt. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help! Broken door bolt.

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
paulgrahammm
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Need help! Broken door bolt.

I was trying to take my doors off my 2 door jeep TJ and the bolt snapped and now I'm left with the screw still in the hinge with the bottom of the bolt broken off..

What should i do?

paulgrahammm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing. Most of us when we take the nuts off to take the doors off never put them back.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
brew182
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just trying to clarify... is there enough of a post still on the door to support it when the doors are on? If so the Neil is right, I took the nuts of when I first got the jeep and haven't put them back on since (2 years now).
brew182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
JDEEEWP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

They come with nuts??? weird

if there isn't enough pin (bolt) to support the door you'll need to hammer it out with a punch and replace the pin (bolt). I just had a similar issues.

other option is to replace hinges. just keep in mind most are not as quality as the mopar orignals. and you have to deal with the PITA torq bits!!

Tags
bolt , broken , door

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.