need help bad. might have to sell jeep :help: - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help bad. might have to sell jeep :help:

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #76
kd006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Darn what Beach Boys song was that? Fun fun fun till daddy takes the TJ away?

kd006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #77
williamwells8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
You can't afford a Jeep.
Get a job, move out, pay all your own bills while driving a 30+ mpg beater, and THEN buy a Jeep.

Jeeps get crappy mileage, modded or not. Deal with it.

As long as you live at home and Daddy pays any part of your insurance or gas, STFU. You'll do what he tells you, and if you're not a complete loser crybaby, you'll be grateful he helps you out at all.
wow, take it easy there big boy. i never said i was not greatful. he asked me to find a way to get better gas milage so i came on here looking for help, obeying him.
williamwells8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #78
williamwells8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd006 View Post
Darn what Beach Boys song was that? Fun fun fun till daddy takes the TJ away?
i dont think thats hows it goes but its close enough
williamwells8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #79
kd006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwells8 View Post
i dont think thats hows it goes but its close enough
Well out of 76 posts or so you should be happy with getting what your getting, a Heep isn't a Prius or some other hybrid they are SLOW SPEED workhorses and if ya try to drive em hard and put em away wet you will be disapointed. If 'daddy' knows how to pull 35-40 MPG out of one of these things then he would be a very rich man, want a small 4x4 that will do that then look for a way older samari with the 1200-1300 cc motor they will pull 35 MPG if you keep off the gas.
kd006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #80
My01Sahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

war eagle!!!!!
My01Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #81
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The end.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #82
05TurboS2K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
All my life. Went to Eagle River Elementary then Birchwood ABC, Gruening Jr High, then Graduated Chugiak High in '91. No "old lady" jokes, please.
Small world! I'll do my best to avoid the ol lady jokes, no promises
05TurboS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #83
05TurboS2K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbb View Post
I think my mentality for the premium usage comes from owning my big mudder. A 1978 Step-side with a built big block. My husband had me only using premium and then race fuel when I did the drag races.

Im going to use your guy's advice and try to memorize BC's post to mess with my husband about my 'supposed' knowledge on the subject....hahahaa.
HAHA, fantastic, now were making some poor fellas home-life more difficult. Ontop of everything else he'll come home to his girl knowing more about octane ratings than him.

Some more on the octane thing... As my screen name suggests I've turbocharged a S2000 motor. A 2.0 making 700hp as a street car (pump gas 91) isn't a common thing but it's doable. It is in situations like this that high octane IS needed.

While the bit about temp is true, the main deciding factor would be final compression ratio. Plus, it's not easy to plan the weather for the type of fuel you'll use next week lol. The S2000 comes stock with over 11:1 compression. THEN I turbocharged it with 8lbs of boost. THAT is very close to the safe limits of 91 pump fuel. So imagine if I can get away with that then certainly 99% of street cars are safe well below 87. The only cars that should be on higher than 87 are high performance sports cars or maybe some old muscle etc. The fully built motor your speaking of in the mudder was probably a good example. I'd expect it was tuned on pump and thus should be ran on pump. Though today's common day car was engineered to survive on 87. Even A vette will survive on 87 it'll just retard the timing and take a small hp loss only when under heavy throttle. I've done a little engine tuning via a laptop in my car while driving and tested the limits a fair it to know where the line of safe and unsafe is. We're quite safe as it is
05TurboS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #84
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This thread is pointless so...

My job is so unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty
hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her
hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once
considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box
of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to
continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the
smartest people on the planet. Her career oppertunities are endless, and yet
she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she
even showers.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the stoner guy. This guy is
more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to
work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober
anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik
throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big
dumb dog to work. Every day I have to look at this huge Great
Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I
even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of
them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger
King, every single day.

Anyway, I drive these retards around in my van and we solve mysteries and
sh*t.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #85
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropleyqk View Post
This thread is pointless so...

My job is so unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty
hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her
hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once
considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box
of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to
continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the
smartest people on the planet. Her career oppertunities are endless, and yet
she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she
even showers.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the stoner guy. This guy is
more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to
work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober
anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik
throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big
dumb dog to work. Every day I have to look at this huge Great
Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I
even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of
them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger
King, every single day.

Anyway, I drive these retards around in my van and we solve mysteries and
sh*t.
SCOOOOBBBBIIIIIEEEEE DOOOOOOOBBBBBYY DOOOOOOOOO

where are you?

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #86
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Somewhere in this juvenile mess (do they not teach spelling and grammar in school anymore?) is the fact that the OP is now claiming roughly 120 miles a tankful. That's way low in any case. Either he is geared wrong for his tire size, or he drives like the typical kid these days with his foot in the gas, and thinking the posted speed limit is merely a starting point to add 30MPH to. Case in point: when I was younger, and my Jeep was new, I'd race up to my campgrounds on a weekend. It was roughly a 4 hour drive. I'd go around 80 (in a 70 zone) all the way, take me a tank and a quarter to make the campsite. Fast forward some years, and some heavy modifications later, and now I can get there in 3/4 of a tank by going 60 instead of 80. It makes a huge difference.

Kid - if you really want help, start a fresh with accurate details in proper English befitting a college student.
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #87
wtbb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K View Post
HAHA, fantastic, now were making some poor fellas home-life more difficult. Ontop of everything else he'll come home to his girl knowing more about octane ratings than him.

Some more on the octane thing... As my screen name suggests I've turbocharged a S2000 motor. A 2.0 making 700hp as a street car (pump gas 91) isn't a common thing but it's doable. It is in situations like this that high octane IS needed.

While the bit about temp is true, the main deciding factor would be final compression ratio. Plus, it's not easy to plan the weather for the type of fuel you'll use next week lol. The S2000 comes stock with over 11:1 compression. THEN I turbocharged it with 8lbs of boost. THAT is very close to the safe limits of 91 pump fuel. So imagine if I can get away with that then certainly 99% of street cars are safe well below 87. The only cars that should be on higher than 87 are high performance sports cars or maybe some old muscle etc. The fully built motor your speaking of in the mudder was probably a good example. I'd expect it was tuned on pump and thus should be ran on pump. Though today's common day car was engineered to survive on 87. Even A vette will survive on 87 it'll just retard the timing and take a small hp loss only when under heavy throttle. I've done a little engine tuning via a laptop in my car while driving and tested the limits a fair it to know where the line of safe and unsafe is. We're quite safe as it is
Oh honey, I do this all on my own perfectly. I just want to learn some more from you guys so I can impress him with my new education. Although you guys speak very technical (of course) Im doing my best to keep up and understand. Sometimes ya gotta 'dumb it down for me' what with all the big words and all.
Thankyou tho, I appreciate all the comments.

Cheers!
wtbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #88
revoffroad
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If I was a moderator I would delete this waste of space.
revoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #89
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwells8 View Post
The OP is right here *****

I have no idea why i said 190 miles in half a tank. i live in hoover alabama and it 63 miles away from Tuscaloosa and it takes me half a tank to get here.

I made this thread to get some help, not to find out who on this are *** holes and i found them.

Since i have such good gas milage i will tell yall my secret of how to get good gas milage
1) My girlfriend/ wife or boyfriend for NYTtrailrider does not weight 250 lbs to add more weight
2) I don't guzzle cum
3) I'm not full of **** like yall
4) Japanese, taiwanese, chinese, suck on these
5.) get a real jeep like a wrangler and not those gay *** XJ

idk what am i saying. yall wont understand, its a TJ thing!!!!!!! Roll Tide

Thanks for all the worthless messages i got when i got on here from yalls hate mail so suck a nut but keep it up.
I gave you info based on what you typed. The info is wrong because you have wrong info. Who's the dip**** now?
NYTrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #90
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwells8
The OP is right here *****

I have no idea why i said 190 miles in half a tank. i live in hoover alabama and it 63 miles away from Tuscaloosa and it takes me half a tank to get here.

I made this thread to get some help, not to find out who on this are *** holes and i found them.

Since i have such good gas milage i will tell yall my secret of how to get good gas milage
1) My girlfriend/ wife or boyfriend for NYTtrailrider does not weight 250 lbs to add more weight
2) I don't guzzle cum
3) I'm not full of **** like yall
4) Japanese, taiwanese, chinese, suck on these
5.) get a real jeep like a wrangler and not those gay *** XJ

idk what am i saying. yall wont understand, its a TJ thing!!!!!!! Roll Tide :wolverine

Thanks for all the worthless messages i got when i got on here from yalls hate mail so suck a nut but keep it up.
For some reason this made me lol..
Mostly the part where it says japanese taiwanese, chinese suck on these
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas milage , gas mileage increase , help needed , help please , mpg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.