need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Mushmouth77

need help

How do I change out the rear O2 sensor in my 97 jeep wrangler? It is a bit of a pain to get to. I was wondering if there were any trinks I need to know or just dive in and get it. I just replaced the front now I was going to tackle the rear one but having trouble with it.

Mushmouth77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The rear o2 on a 97' is easy to reach from the rear of the skid with a 1/2" drive socket (if you have a 4.0L).I soaked mine with PB blaster and started the engine to heat it up first.It broke loose with a little effort.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Mushmouth77

Yes I did realize PB blaster is my new best friend. Ok thank you I will give it a try.
Mushmouth77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
erockz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes the sensors strip on the way out. Your local auto parts store sells a rethread tool for o2 sensors, for the exhaust pipe. About $10. Just in case it happens to ya.
erockz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.