Need Electrical Mechanic Portland, ME 04102! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Electrical Mechanic Portland, ME 04102!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
gmpaul

Need Electrical Mechanic Portland, ME 04102!

Diagnostic:
Headlights flashing simultaneously. Replaced dimmer switch. Replaced headlight Switch. Headlights still flashing. Probed headlight switch. Multiple wires reading 13.2-13.7. Replaced Pigtail Connectors to the headlights. Cut and stripped corroded wire back two inches to fresh wire. Connected everything. Headlights Still Flashing!!! So far have spent $145 in parts. Text me: two zero 9-4 two 3-five two 7 one

gmpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Necko2529
Surfing JF Since '04

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This sounds like spam...

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

RIP "Prescott 19" Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't get any help. Then PM Rubi4MyMrs or Jonny Jeep. They are the resident electrical experts here.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
gmpaul

You sound like spam.
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
gmpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
If you don't get any help. Then PM Rubi4MyMrs or Jonny Jeep. They are the resident electrical experts here.
Will do.
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
gmpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post
This sounds like spam...
First off, Learn your lexemes and lexicon.
Spam; Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

I'm doing the exact opposite so take your snide remarks elsewhere.
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

First, spend a little time filling in your vehicle profile. There are many differences between the years and if we know what you have it's easier to help you. Then we don't have to search past posts or ask and wait for an answer.

When you say flashing, is it more of a flicker or full on off type of flash. Is it a steady flashing or is it a more random flash rate? Do all the other lights work completely as normal, and with headlights on/off? What position is headlamp switch in when flashing occurs?

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
gmpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
First, spend a little time filling in your vehicle profile. There are many differences between the years and if we know what you have it's easier to help you. Then we don't have to search past posts or ask and wait for an answer.

When you say flashing, is it more of a flicker or full on off type of flash. Is it a steady flashing or is it a more random flash rate? Do all the other lights work completely as normal, and with headlights on/off? What position is headlamp switch in when flashing occurs?
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4cyl 2.5L SE
Not to be rude but if it was flickering I would say flickering... Simotaneous Implies at the same time and I guess you could say a random flash rate. I found this video obviously not a jeep but this is very similar to my problem.

The only difference is my dash hi beam icon doesnt illuminate when the headlights flash.
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Dice48
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Alternator?
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
Fairway
2003 TJ Wrangler 

alarm system?
Fairway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Necko2529
Surfing JF Since '04

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpaul View Post
First off, Learn your lexemes and lexicon.
Spam; Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

I'm doing the exact opposite so take your snide remarks elsewhere.
English is my second language so school me, please.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

RIP "Prescott 19" Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Regards flickering flashing it's just about how quick it's happening. It's just that sometimes the devil is in the detail and a little more detail can make a difference. I will admit though, I must have missed the world simultaneously when first reading your original post.

There are no relays in the TJ lighting system, unless the wiring has been added. Do you hear any clicking as the lights flash on and off? This may point to an alarm system playing up, or at least give us some direction to look in. Since the high beam indicator lamp does not illuminate it must be the low beam flashing which you'd probably be able to tell from the beam pattern.

The only circuits that share common connections to the headlamps are the turn signals, wipers (washer pump) and horn which only share ground points so it's difficult to see where the issue could be coming from. Especially as you've changed the headlamp and dimmer switch. By dimmer switch I presume you mean the turn signal multifunction switch as it's known.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.