need to buy gears and arb locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need to buy gears and arb locker

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

need to buy gears and arb locker

if someone doesnt mind, can anyone send me a link/links to where i can get the best deal on 4.56 gears and an arb locker for the rear, im running 3.73 on 33s and going to 4.56, i have a d30 front and a d44 rear. ive looked and looked but just cant seem to find a good enough deal, the cheapest i found for the arb was 750, which i think is pretty good, but i cant find cheap gears (cheap as in price, not ****ty) everywhere i look theyre all about the same price, thanks guys, i appreciate it, trying to get this done before friday so i can order the arb to recieve the free compressor

Unread 04-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
BadJeep2006
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I really don't see you getting a drop dead deal on new gears. Try Ebay and maybe you will find something. Gears generally run $175 for the low end brands and above $200 for the better stuff. Then you are going to drop at least another hundred on a good master install kit. I just bought 5.38s for my D60 front and Sterling rear and the total came to $660 shipped for the gears and master install kits from Northridge 4X4. For my ARBs I went with 4wheel parts and everything came to $1800+ shipped.

Gears and lockers are not items you are going to find a huge difference in price from store to store. It's a very competitive market and all the big dealers prices are pretty much on par with each other.

Joe
BadJeep Build: D60 front W/ARB and 5.38 gears, Sterling 10.5 rear W/ARB and 5.38, 3 Link front, 4 link rear, 14" ORI Struts, Atlas II transfer case, A to Z Fab full cage, Genright fenders, A to Z Fab front bumper, and Warn M8000 winch. Thinking stroker in the future.
BadJeep2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

no i know, i know its not going to be a huge drop in price, but just didnt know if there was a company that has the high end brands but were a little better price, i guess ill just keep looking around
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
F9K9
Semper Fi!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeep2006 View Post
.......shipped for the gears and master install kits from Northridge 4X4
Call David at Northridge. He gives better deals via phone than he can advertise online. I believe he is tossing in the smaller ARB compressor with a locker right now. Anything over $100 is shipped free all the time. No, I don't get a break on prices for props, I have just bought so much stuff from him that he is on my cell ph's contact list.

'03 Rubicon w/a few changes.
F9K9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what should i look for in buying the gears, any specs or brand names out there that are better than others, never had to deal with buying gears so this is new to me
is "yukon" and "superior" good brands, i have heard of lot of guys on this forum buying those
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #6
BadJeep2006
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Everybody is including the compressor right now because ARB is paying for it. That promotion ends on the 30th of this month. Yes, David is a very good guy and I enjoyed working with him on my order. I would have bought everything from him, but they were backorder on the D60 ARB. As far as gears, Superior is about the best. Yukon and Motive are the middle.
BadJeep Build: D60 front W/ARB and 5.38 gears, Sterling 10.5 rear W/ARB and 5.38, 3 Link front, 4 link rear, 14" ORI Struts, Atlas II transfer case, A to Z Fab full cage, Genright fenders, A to Z Fab front bumper, and Warn M8000 winch. Thinking stroker in the future.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

sorry for all the questions guys, but im getting the locker in the rear, so will i need a new carrier for the front d30?
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #8
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRiderhp View Post
sorry for all the questions guys, but im getting the locker in the rear, so will i need a new carrier for the front d30?
no.

as for gears, check this place out:
eBay.

motive 4.56 gears for your axles plus the master install kits and free shipping. you will need to sign for the package when it shows up though.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #9
gtstricky
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I notice you say "for the rear", you will need to regear the front too right?

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/] [COLOR="Yellow"]TJ Boot Camp Threads[/COLOR][/url]

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/winch-basics-1004426/] [COLOR="Yellow"]Winch Basics[/COLOR][/url]

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/lift-tire-questions-new-jeep-owner-1004989/] [COLOR="Yellow"]Lift Basics[/COLOR][/url]
gtstricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #10
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstricky View Post
I notice you say "for the rear", you will need to regear the front too right?
i dont think anyone is broke enough to only regear one axle without regearing the other one very soon. besides, he meant a locker for the rear, he wanted gears for both.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

thank you so much misfit seven, is that a good deal
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #12
BadJeep2006
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I don't think that ebay deal is so great. I just ran the number on Northridge 4X4 for Superior Gears and Superior Master Install Kits and the price came out to $509.80 with free shipping. Superior Gears are a much better R&P than Motive.

Just my .02

Joe
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #13
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRiderhp View Post
thank you so much misfit seven, is that a good deal
i think that is a great deal. that is the same place i got mine from, but i think my set was cheaper because i have an 8.8 rear. check your pms... i have a deal for you.
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would use Dana Spicer gears for your Dana axles.

They are a little more expensive, but worth it in my opinion. They always set up easy and they are always quiet.
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
1preacherman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Google "gears are us" I just bought gears through them and they took very good care of me. I found them on ebay and over the phone he gave me an even better deal!

Ronald Reagan

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]My build Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-whiteout-1008697/[/url]

A proud member of the "Polite Society"; Ask me how to join!
1preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.