Need a bolt for sway bar link, can't find PN or specs in OEM link from FAQ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need a bolt for sway bar link, can't find PN or specs in OEM link from FAQ

Free shipping on Rugged Ridge XHD bumpersBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
djfuzzy
Web Wheeler

Need a bolt for sway bar link, can't find PN or specs in OEM link from FAQ

Sorry about the long title, just wanted folks to know I actually did look into this.

Although, I still may be blind. I am having trouble finding the specs or factory part number for the lower sway bar link bolt. The "axle end" of the link.

Explanation: I have been running my TJ without a sway bar, entirely, since I installed my RC 4" Lift(about 4 months now). Although I have yet to experience any difficulties with not having a sway bar at all, I read a thread recently that got me to thinking "man, I should really put that crap back on." So I put it back on tonight, with the provided sway bar links that came with the kit. But I only had one remaining factory sway bar link bolt from when I did my install.

I will say to the "you must have your sway bar installed to be safe/for a better ride" crowd...y'all are right. Even with the sway bar halfway connected, I noticed a much tighter feeling throughout the Jeep. So thanks everyone who posted in that thread (can't remember which one it was) about the importance of the sway bar for safety purposes.

If you are still reading this post, then you have too much time on your hands.

Searching for a CJ again

Sold: 2000 TJ
1983 CJ7 Renegade
djfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Font or rear sway bar???

You can look up part numbers here.. JeepOEMParts.com - For All your Jeep Enthusiast Needs!

(Yes - I have too much time on my hands)
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i have one but i bet shipping to you would be crazy on a bolt.

[QUOTE=TheBoogieman;12766892]Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=mrblaine;12000822]
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JeepForum123;13578398]you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.[/QUOTE]
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

For my 99 TJ.

Front is:

Part # 06505465AA SCREW , Truss Head, M12x1.75x70 But Matching bolt from Lowes etc will work and is cheaper.

Rear is:

Part # 06503726 SCREW , Shoulder , M10x1.50x66.00 I never found anything other then dealer to replace these.
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
djfuzzy
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppk View Post
Font or rear sway bar???

You can look up part numbers here.. JeepOEMParts.com - For All your Jeep Enthusiast Needs!

(Yes - I have too much time on my hands)
Front sway bar, checked that part diagram (referred to it in title of thread, no luck)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
i have one but i bet shipping to you would be crazy on a bolt.
Haha, yeah...I hear ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillswoj View Post
For my 99 TJ.

Front is:

Part # 06505465AA SCREW , Truss Head, M12x1.75x70 But Matching bolt from Lowes etc will work and is cheaper.

Rear is:

Part # 06503726 SCREW , Shoulder , M10x1.50x66.00 I never found anything other then dealer to replace these.
THANK YOU very much.

Searching for a CJ again

Sold: 2000 TJ
1983 CJ7 Renegade
djfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillswoj View Post
For my 99 TJ.

Front is:

Rear is:

I had to go to Ace Hardware, to replace my front bolt (in my area Home Depot doesn't carry jack for grade 8 bolts and Lowes doesn't carry metrics in large enough sizes). Less that $2 at Ace and it fit perfectly.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
dsiegel5151
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is an old thread, but I broke this bolt last night. Sans visiting a junkyard, my dealer is charging $8.99 for the bolt.
dsiegel5151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Ituen
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just noticed my Jeep is missing one of these bolts. Going to Lowes shortly.
Unread 07-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

It's unlikely that Lowes will have it. They don't carry metric bolts in sizes as large as the one that you need.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

Are you guys talking about the bolt that attaches the sway bar link to the frame?
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I needed to make one once so I went to Lowes and in one of their specialty drwars in the bolt section they sell shoulder bolts for holding Lawn mower wheels on . I had to mod the bushing a hair but it worked for a year or so . It never broke I just happen to pick up a set of end links and new bolts came with them . Better than nothing
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
JTwithaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was also able to find it at ACE. ~$3 for the bolt and the nut.
JTwithaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.