Need a Battery.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need a Battery....

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #31
alvinl
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Gotta get one of them!...
I think that kind of atm only takes deposits.

http://www.venemousduckracing.com
alvinl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
xWhite420wIDOWx
1967 CJ5 

A battery that you can take cash out of...now that's what I want
xWhite420wIDOWx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #33
Synister1
The ghost of Jeepers past

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pay for a good battery the first time and you won't be replacing it every two or three years.

My red top is 4yo and going strong.

The XJ I sold off a few years ago had an 11 yo interstate that was working like a champ.

My ram has an interstate battery now for the last 6 years & it wasn't even new then. it's labeled (Recycled) on the side.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'
Synister1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #34
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, I just bought a red top... hope I don't regret it later..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster83 View Post
that was your problem right there, Jerry. Deep cycle batteries dont like to be used like normal starter batteries unless you have them set up as standalone batteries for your winch, welder, etc. deep cycle batteries like to be completely drained then completely charged. unlike starting batteries that only get used for a short burst of high amps to start the engine. thats the reason why your yellow and blue top batteries died a premature death.
That wasn't my problem "right there". You need to do a little more homework on Optima batteries before telling people what their problems are. Neither Optima's Yellow Top nor their Blue Top is a traditional deep cycle battery like you described. Go to Optima's website to learn more about them and you'll see that Optima describes them as as a combination SLI (starting, lights, ignition) and deep cycle that does well in a daily driver environment... it was designed for that use. Neither is a deep cycle battery like you'd buy for a boat.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #36
scrambled
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Optimas are major crap.

Diehard Platinum P4 is what you want
Just got one of these, pricey but great! Runs the warn winch, hella's, CB....doesn't break a sweat.

4 year full replacment warranty good at any Sears nationwide..... cant beat it!

Tags
battery , blue top , die hard , optima , platinum , red top , sears , yellow top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.