Need advice on 2005 Sport selling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need advice on 2005 Sport selling

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Need advice on 2005 Sport selling

Hey guys. I have a 94 YJ, but one of my closest friends has an 05 Sport that he's selling and wants me to handle the sale for him.

He's over in Iraq for the next year serving. The cool part is that he told me to take it for a drive once a week to "keep the fluids fresh." Ha ha, no complaints here.

Anyway, its a yellow 2005 Sport with black OEM top, full doors, 6 spd manual. 3.73 gear ratio with D44 rear. It has other options too like the sound package (8 inch subwoofer, ipod hookup). I'm unsure on the exact mileage, but somewhere between 32K and 38K. Last time I hung out with him I remember 30-something on the odometer.

The only changes he made to it is that he put a push bar on the front bumper, and it has Rubicon rims and tires. (Original rims already sold.)

He called me today and informed me of his decision. He wants me to make a webpage for him with all the pics and info. I asked him what he wanted to sell it for, and he replied, "I don't know really. Ask on the JeepForum you're always talking about for me." I told him he'd be better off selling it to a person who knows Jeeps because they'll understand the difference between a D44 and D35. Anyone else just looking for a Jeep wouldn't understand why its "worth more."

So sorry no pictures yet. I won't have the vehicle in my garage until next week (its currently at his girlfriend's house and she can't drive a stick nor does she have a garage). But I can assure you this vehicle was well maintained because I used to do the maintenance for him (No offense to him, but he's not much of a wrench turner.) Oil changes every 3K miles, tranny fluid and diff fluid changed once a year). He was my roommate in college and we used to offroad together places where our stock Jeeps could go.

The vehicle will be in Old Forge, PA (near Scranton, north eastern PA) if anyone on this forum is interested. But as the title of the post indicates, I'm just trying to help him get a general idea of what fellow TJers would pay for this vehicle. He doesn't want to get screwed on a trade in, so he's looking for private party sale.

Edit: I just found some pics on his facebook profile. I'll get better ones next week, however. At least this gives you a general idea of how it looks.

You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
BLATMAN
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im In The Wilkes Barre Area. Could I Swap My 35 For The 44??? Pleassse. He Doesnt Have To Know... J/K he could prob get between 17-18k around here for it easy...
33x12.5 General AT Grabbers
[B][COLOR="Black"]Pro Comp black steelies[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][__][/B]
OlllllO[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"][QUOTE]I think you should put a CAI, Headers, new muffler.. some high flow cats... maybe one of those trail jammer chips.. oh and a tb spacer... can't forget that. You will be passing prius' in no time, unless their accel pedal is stuck..[/QUOTE][/COLOR]
BLATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
turtle_smoke
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well, I got my 05 Sport back in January. The kbb value was about $18k. I ended up getting it for ~$16k from a local dealership, but that's because they talked me into the extended warrany (you know just in case).

KBB is your friend.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.