My suspension has been ordered, now for my rims !! - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
My suspension has been ordered, now for my rims !!

My 3.25 RC lift came in today. I don't plan on installing it until I have my set of rims and tires. My question is, I plan on mainly doing trails and such, would 15x10 be better then 15x8 ? Also, what kind of back spacing would I need ? I am also installing a 1.25'' body lift. What tire size should I run ? I plan on a 33'' with stock gearing on my 97 TJ S.E, Thanks in advance

LMG23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
15x8 for sure unless you go really wide on the tire.

P.S. fill in your profile a little better stock does not cut it. We need to know what gears you have if your planning on running 33's.
BTW welcome to JF!

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
15x8 for sure unless you go really wide on the tire.

P.S. fill in your profile a little better stock does not cut it. We need to know what gears you have if your planning on running 33's.
BTW welcome to JF!
Well, it's a stock 97 TJ s.e 6 cylinder. Don't they come with 3.73 gears ? I actually have no idea . The P.O never wheeled it, I believe the owner before last didn't either. The car is pretty mint for having 145k miles on her. I like the beefier look on the tires but don't want the tire stick out past the fender.
LMG23 is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
Check the tag on the rear diff, it will tell you what gears you have. Yours being a 97 model the tag may not be readable or even there anymore. If it's not go to a dealer give them your VIN# and they will print you a spec sheet telling you everything about your jeep. Also while your under your jeep look at the diff to figure out if it's a D44 or a D35. The D35 has a rubber fill plug and has a round shape, the D44 has a screw in fill plug. As far as tires go 33x10.50'' look good if you dont want them sticking out of the fenders. Plus it will save some weight. If you do have 3.73's 33's will be ok, but it wont be no racecar.

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
Check the tag on the rear diff, it will tell you what gears you have. Yours being a 97 model the tag may not be readable or even there anymore. If it's not go to a dealer give them your VIN# and they will print you a spec sheet telling you everything about your jeep. Also while your under your jeep look at the diff to figure out if it's a D44 or a D35. The D35 has a rubber fill plug and has a round shape, the D44 has a screw in fill plug. As far as tires go 33x10.50'' look good if you dont want them sticking out of the fenders. Plus it will save some weight. If you do have 3.73's 33's will be ok, but it wont be no racecar.
Well, my front diff has a screw on it to fill it in, the rear has a rubber, I changed the fluids out last week. I don't care much about speed, I own a wrangler don't I ? I on occasions go 75mph, but not much. More often then not, I cruise at around 55-60. Thanks for the help saddis !
LMG23 is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
Rubber plug= D35 join the group.Sorry dude Did you check about what gears you have? It'll probally be either 3.07's or 3.73's. DO you have a 5speed or a auto?

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
Rubber plug= D35 join the group. Did you check about what gears you have? It'll probally be either 3.07's or 3.73's. DO you have a 5speed or a auto?
Auto. No idea on the gears.
LMG23 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
NoVaHunter
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,315
please be sure to post how the lift performs! i have been looking at the exact same one
NoVaHunter is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
Your still in better shape to run 33's than us newer auto's b/c of the three speed compared to our OD.

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
Your still in better shape to run 33's than us newer auto's b/c of the three speed compared to our OD.
So, 15x8 or x10's ? WIill the 10's stick out of the stock flares much ?
LMG23 is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMG23 View Post
So, 15x8 or x10's ? WIill the 10's stick out of the stock flares much ?
15x8's for sure! You will plenty of warnings not to go to a 10'' wide wheel b/c when you air down for wheeling a 15x8 will hold a bead alot better than a 15x10. And yes the wider the wheel it will stick out more.

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
LMG23
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
15x8's for sure! You will plenty of warnings not to go to a 10'' wide wheel b/c when you air down for wheeling a 15x8 will hold a bead alot better than a 15x10. And yes the wider the wheel it will stick out more.
Thanks !! One last quesion lol, should I get it with any backspacking ? And what is the bolt pattern ? I believe it's 5x5... thanks a bunch !
LMG23 is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Deacon
Web Wheeler
 
Deacon's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4,841
Plus, the 15x10 wheel will get chewed all to hell a lot quicker than 15x8.
Deacon is online now  
post #14 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMG23 View Post
Thanks !! One last quesion lol, should I get it with any backspacking ? And what is the bolt pattern ? I believe it's 5x5... thanks a bunch !
Bolt pattern is 5x4.5
Normal BS for aftermarket wheels usually go b/t 3.75'' to 4.5''
The wider the tire the lower the # BS you want to keep from rubbing control arms.

Steven
saddis is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 08-26-2009, 11:48 PM
saddis
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: south carolina
Posts: 387
There is a sticky on the top of the main page stock TJ specs. It will help you fill your profile out a little better.

Steven
saddis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
15x8 rims with stock suspension price444 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 3 12-14-2009 10:22 PM
Difference in JK Wrangler spoke rims and JK Rubicon rims? CMT1 Wrangler General Discussion 3 09-04-2009 11:39 AM
So I just ordered a 2" OME suspension FlaJeepin TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 29 05-23-2006 09:22 AM
New lift ordered need tires and rims DID2004 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 09-16-2004 06:19 PM
Just ordered 3" S3T suspension, tires, wheels, Do I need more? logem TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 16 10-18-2002 03:16 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome