My roll bar mounted side mirror - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My roll bar mounted side mirror

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
RioRyan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
I did similar with a muffler clamp. I forgot what size it is but it is smaller than the above. I had to cut some of the part that slides on the U bolt and some of the padding. Anyway, mine is facing around 7 o'clock. The muffler clamp fits with the door surround on. All I need to do is remove is unscrew the mirror or twist it in to install the doors.
That sounds perfect! Any pics?

RioRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No and I am away from home for a few more weeks. If I remember when I get back. But I don't remember what size muffler clam it was anyway. I got one that was big enough to fit over the roll bar but the thread on the U bolt were not long enough so as I indicated I cut of the bracket. To screw in the mirrior, a hex nut fit perfectly between the walls of the slider. I drilled a hole and JB Welded the nut in there. I'm using a motorcycle mirror (It's an iron cross. More for style than function but it is useable.)
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , mirror , side , mount , rollcage

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.