My Rampage Bowless experience.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My Rampage Bowless experience....

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

My Rampage Bowless experience....

Okay guys, I said I would post some pics of my new top... Here it is...

You can find a lengthy discussion on this top here.

This is just my personal experience... I bought the Rampage Bowless Sailcloth Soft Top in Black Diamond.

I purchased the Top, new Uppers, and the Rampage Window Channel. Two of the three have arrived... Here are some pics of what I received tonight.

First off... FED Ex obviously used the "toss and bounce" method of delivery

Luckily my top was unscathed, here are some pics:

It seems Rampage decided to fix the issue of the bottom layer obstructing the view:
(about half way down you can see the problem. Easily solved by routing the straps a different way, but now there is velcro on both sides to further secure the bottom layer)

Here are the windows: (they did come creased a little but, after warming them up a bit they are nice and flexible, and no permanent damage.)

Here is a real bad pic of the tint job... Please excuse the XMAS deco

Here is the foam padding that goes above the door surrounds, the instructions, and the seat belt bolts (incase you don't run rear belts):

I believe this is another "2nd Gen" mod from Rampage... I remember in early discussion on this top that people used foam tubing because of wind slap on the cross supports... Looks as though Rampage has added some of their own (look up 5 pics to see the vertical supports still in the top, there are two of them that don't let rain water accumulate on top of your top):

Now onto the Rampage window channel. Looks standard to me, and looks like the bestop one IIRC:

Well, that's as far as I have made it. Unfortunately I am currently and patiently awaiting my soft top Uppers from Rampage. When they arrive (backordered!?!?!? BAH!) I will show pics of them, and chronicle the install.

Hope this helps those looking for a new top that want something different.

All in all, a 3 day delivery of 2/3 of my order (for free), and a 489 final price tag, this top should fit just fine on my Leroy

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
markgtj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hi Neec0
could you measure ( in centimeters )the length of the plastic strip that goes into the header thanks
I have the same Sailcloth Soft Top in Black Diamond as yours but with the best top no drill header and I am having the fitment issues Im getting a rampage header sent but not shore if this is going to fix the problem I think the plastic strip is to short.
thanks mark
markgtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I assume you mean the "foam" strip running the length of the header? it is 50 IN or 127 Centimeters

Take a pic of what you want me to measure if this is wrong...

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
markgtj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the plastic strip that is sown into the top thats inserts into the header chanel
markgtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neec0 View Post
Okay guys, I said I would post some pics of my new top... Here it is...

You can find a lengthy discussion on this top here.

This is just my personal experience... I bought the Rampage Bowless Sailcloth Soft Top in Black Diamond.

I purchased the Top, new Uppers, and the Rampage Window Channel. Two of the three have arrived... Here are some pics of what I received tonight.

First off... FED Ex obviously used the "toss and bounce" method of delivery

Luckily my top was unscathed, here are some pics:

It seems Rampage decided to fix the issue of the bottom layer obstructing the view:
(about half way down you can see the problem. Easily solved by routing the straps a different way, but now there is velcro on both sides to further secure the bottom layer)

Here are the windows: (they did come creased a little but, after warming them up a bit they are nice and flexible, and no permanent damage.)

Here is a real bad pic of the tint job... Please excuse the XMAS deco

Here is the foam padding that goes above the door surrounds, the instructions, and the seat belt bolts (incase you don't run rear belts):

I believe this is another "2nd Gen" mod from Rampage... I remember in early discussion on this top that people used foam tubing because of wind slap on the cross supports... Looks as though Rampage has added some of their own (look up 5 pics to see the vertical supports still in the top, there are two of them that don't let rain water accumulate on top of your top):

Now onto the Rampage window channel. Looks standard to me, and looks like the bestop one IIRC:

Well, that's as far as I have made it. Unfortunately I am currently and patiently awaiting my soft top Uppers from Rampage. When they arrive (backordered!?!?!? BAH!) I will show pics of them, and chronicle the install.

Hope this helps those looking for a new top that want something different.

All in all, a 3 day delivery of 2/3 of my order (for free), and a 489 final price tag, this top should fit just fine on my Leroy

I love FedEx, bunch of monkeys, in my line of work they keep me in business.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
Ha, let me guess, insurance?

Unread 01-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry, but did you have to quote all those pictures?
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Sorry, but did you have to quote all those pictures?
Sure, why not? there is plenty of bandwidth left.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ha, let me guess, insurance?
Actually I buy damaged electronic items such as TV's, stereos, computers that were damaged and refurb them for sale on E-Bay.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgtj View Post
the plastic strip that is sown into the top thats inserts into the header chanel
56 inches or 142.24 (give or take a few centi's)

Unread 01-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually I buy damaged electronic items such as TV's, stereos, computers that were damaged and refurb them for sale on E-Bay.
Nice... Got a 37 in HD for me?

Unread 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice... Got a 37 in HD for me?
Sorry, nothing that small. Just 42" on up. LCD, Plazma or LED.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry, nothing that small. Just 42" on up. LCD, Plazma or LED.
Id take a 42 for the right price...

And to be honest, I put enough pics in the thread to fill up a tanker...

You mind editing your post to just the Pic you were referring to? God, but I have to scroll through it all to get down here...

Unread 01-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

FedEx did the same thing this week with my rocker guards.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #15
monkeee2002
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the detailed pictures!
When I bought my Jeep, it had some Rampage soft top on it, it appears to be a near-OEM style top.
I'm wondering if the fastback top is compatible with the header I have on now; it looks to be stock.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.