My jeep won't start!! HELP!!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My jeep won't start!! HELP!!!!

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
AER2007
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDriver View Post
My Jeep wouldn't turn over recently and battery tested good and I replaced starter and it all turned out to be a bad batttery.

Here is my recent thread about it...Don't know if it will help you but thought I would post it as I thought my battery was good as it tested ok but it was bad.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...-good-1053281/
I read thaqt thread, and I would be willing to bet that your friend did not test the battery properly.

You said he load tested it. Chances are he used a hand held toaster oven style tester, which puts 60-70 amps on at best. You cannot properly load test a battery unless you apply half the CCA. I have dealt with many mechanics who did just that, and showed them that their battery was bad even though their tester said it was good

[QUOTE=ageorgakis;8342820]No, I wasn't being comical. I'm being perfectly honest. I don't have any dyno tests. But you can FEEL the difference![/QUOTE]
AER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
ckid222
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I also had a problem like this and it was my ignition coil. Replaced it and it was all good.
ckid222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

I have since had the battery tested at Advanced and it showed good. I was checking the connections at the starter and found that when I turn the key I do not get voltage to the small post. I have been told that is probably a fuseable link in the ignition to the starter. My nest question is how in the world do I locate this? I havent the slightest idea where it is. :-/
jamesrw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #19
AER2007
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Follow that wire back until you have power, and that will tell you where you are losing it. It could also be the switch on the clutch.

[QUOTE=ageorgakis;8342820]No, I wasn't being comical. I'm being perfectly honest. I don't have any dyno tests. But you can FEEL the difference![/QUOTE]
AER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

I have bypassed the clutch safety switch and it didn't help. I am hoping to get a day soon to start tracing that wire down and hopefully find the problem.
jamesrw30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , won't start , issues , problems

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.