My Jeep is Possessed - HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My Jeep is Possessed - HELP!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
w8r
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep is Possessed - HELP!

It was raining here this evening and when I turned my lights on I noticed my right turn signal indicator was on steady (not blinking) but my turn signal wasn't on. I turned on my left signal and it worked but the right signal indcator stayed on (steady without blinking). I turned on my right signal and the outside signal blinked but the indicator stayed on (w/o blinking).

I turned my lights off and the left signal worked fine. However, when I tried to use my right turn signal, the signal didn't work but my dash lights flashed on and off.

What's up with THAT?!?

w8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
ET48
1986 CJ7 

What do guys think? Time to change the clockspring?
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
XXRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Clock spring or turn signal switch
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Before you go throwing parts at it, I would give it a few days to dry out first. I leave my doors/windows off the entire summer and occasionally my turn signals do goofy things for a few days after it rains, but they eventually dry out and go back to normal
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
SYN ACK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had some issues with possessed driving lights and waited it out. Everything dried and they're back to normal.

I also have issues with the check engine light coming on after a really hard rain. Dries out and it's fine again. *shrug*
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
banyanmage
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Leave it alone for a week to dry first and if there are still issues then I'd push for the clock spring. I've had a few weird things like that go away after a couple dry days.
banyanmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
w8r
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It stopped raining last night. This morning the problem disappeared. Evidently it was moisture in the clock spring - whatever that is.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!
w8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.