My Jeep Died!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My Jeep Died!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #1
Wolfraven

My Jeep Died!!!

I was driving home this morning when upon accelerating past a car I heard a soft "THUNK!" At that point stepping on the gas pedal caused the engine to rev but no transmission response. I slowed to a stop and shut down. When I started again and put it into drive I could hear the workings getting the gears ready but nothing. When we were towing it to a safer place I put it in neutral and it sounds like when your brakes are rubbing the rotator but under the Jeep.
I just had the transmission rebuild and everything is pointing to the problem I've had with the flywheel bolts popping off.
I have a mechanic looking at it in the morning but I am open to suggestions.

Wolfraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.