My Jeep Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My Jeep Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-22-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep Build

Ok so i figured id start a thread on the build up of my jeep instead of starting a new one everytime i have one little question. My jeep is a 2001 wrangler with and automatic trans and straight six. When i first got it i put on a 3in body lift because i was ingnorant so im starting to fix that problem. I also got in a car accident so i am going to adress those problems to. I got my RE 4.5in SF a few weeks, from DC4WD one of the vendors on JF the service and prices were great, ago and got around to putting it on this weekend, everything went smoothly until we came to pulling of the track bar. We went through a pickle fork before we got it right. Then next problem came when we swapped the torque specs and torqued one of the control arm axle mounts to 130 instead of 85, we were tired is the only excuse i have. So starting this morning im going to go get some replace ments then torque everything down and adjust the trac bar and get started on the rear. Any tips on adjusting the track bar??? and i will post pics for your guy's viewing pleasure soon.

2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

getting off the jeep topic for a second i have a ton of pics on my computer do i need to put them on a website to be able to post them????
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Unread 03-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

testing it out, this is with the 3in body

Unread 03-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
robncar
Lets hear it for Gravity!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

When I did mine, I found it easier by using a helper, to turn the steering wheel while I adjusted the trackbar length, measured, had the steering wheel turned, adjusted the trackbar length, measured, and so on. When the steering wheel is turned, the front wheels will help move the body over the frame.

As to pics. No, you don't need to upload them to a website. There is a "Manage Attachments" button when you start, or reply to, a thread that will allow you to upload pics. There is a size restriction however.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

might be a dump question but the jeep was on the ground right??? thanks for the post

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
robncar

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
might be a dump question but the jeep was on the ground right??? thanks for the post
Yes, on the ground with the wheels/tires on. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ok so new problem we finished the front, pics coming soon, and were on the back everything is going good except i have a rear adjustable track bar should i use the relocation bracket and the new trac bar or the just new track bar????

Unread 03-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
robncar

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
ok so new problem we finished the front, pics coming soon, and were on the back everything is going good except i have a rear adjustable track bar should i use the relocation bracket and the new trac bar or the just new track bar????
With the RE adjustable trackbar (RE1620) you will still use the relocation bracket. If you have an SYE, you use the bracket that is angled to compensate for axle rotation (RE1602). If you don't have an SYE, you use the straight bracket (RE1603).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.