MY A/C is out, did search - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MY A/C is out, did search

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

MY A/C is out, did search

I am fairly confident it is the resistor back. I have found what I think to be the resistor pack. Does it have three wires coming out of it and located passenger side under the dash close to the center console?

I have an 01 I-6 5spd.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...r-pics-520800/
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Thanks

Unread 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Hondo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did the picture thread help you? I had this problem last weekend and it is located behind the glove box in the lower right hand corner below the neon green connector. There are 2 bolts to remove, one from inside the glove box hole, and one from underneath the dash. I removed the floor light as well to gain some space. Removing the green connector from whatever holds it in place will allow you to drop the resistor pack down below the dash to be able to remove it from its connector easier, which is a whole 'nother pain in itself! Good luck.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Mine is an 01 and is different. I found another write up here. Both write ups are very good. Switched it, still had the problem. Did a little more research and I think it is the switch, which nobody local has in stock.

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Joeggernaut
2000 TJ Wrangler 

im going through the same problem. The problem happens because the blower motor fan wears out and draws more current and overloads the wires/resistor/switch and burns it.

Replacing the wires/switch/resistor only hides the problem short term and it will come back.

Replacing the motor/switch/resistor should last 5 years plus like your old setup but eventually will happen again.

Permenant fix and the one I am undergoing right now is new motor/switch/resistor and adding 4 relays in between the switch and the resistor to cut down on power if the new motor does go bad.

you can get the motor from ebay for bout 40 bucks, switch and resistor from quadretec pretty cheap and the relays online.

this thread has the fix basically

AC blower motor switch burn out - Jp Magazine Forums at Jp Magazine

you can do the fix without a new motor also.
Joeggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeggernaut View Post
im going through the same problem. The problem happens because the blower motor fan wears out and draws more current and overloads the wires/resistor/switch and burns it.

Replacing the wires/switch/resistor only hides the problem short term and it will come back.

Replacing the motor/switch/resistor should last 5 years plus like your old setup but eventually will happen again.

Permenant fix and the one I am undergoing right now is new motor/switch/resistor and adding 4 relays in between the switch and the resistor to cut down on power if the new motor does go bad.

you can get the motor from ebay for bout 40 bucks, switch and resistor from quadretec pretty cheap and the relays online.

this thread has the fix basically

AC blower motor switch burn out - Jp Magazine Forums at Jp Magazine

you can do the fix without a new motor also.
Thanks

Tags
ac , a/c , resistor pack , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.