My bumper saved my bacon!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My bumper saved my bacon!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
DipCope
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My bumper saved my bacon!!

I was on my way home from work today and rear ended someone. I saw them last second and I locked up my brakes but did not stop soon enough. I wasn't going very fast but it definatley was a nice bump. WE pulled over and to my surprise there was no damage done to the other guys bumper. The rubber on the front of my stock tj bumper kept me from spending big bucks on a new bumper for someone!

DipCope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipCope View Post
I was on my way home from work today and rear ended someone. I saw them last second and I locked up my brakes but did not stop soon enough. I wasn't going very fast but it definatley was a nice bump. WE pulled over and to my surprise there was no damage done to the other guys bumper. The rubber on the front of my stock tj bumper kept me from spending big bucks on a new bumper for someone!
Yeah good thing you didn't have tow hooks sticking far out or a metal D-rings.

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I did the same thing a few years ago - not so lucky.
The woman's Camry -- $3,700 damage
My Jeep TJ -- bent license plate.
Jim
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had a wasp land on my leg while in traffic one day. When I swatted at it, I slipped off the clutch and rear ended a brand new Ram 2500. He had a slight ding in the chrome bumper, and the only damage to my bumper was from his tow hitch cover. Left a perfect ram imprint in my jeep club decal and powdercoat... any harder and my stinger would have hit his tailgate
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had a little souped up Honda (you know, the ones with the ridiculously over sized spoiler ) rear-end me doing maybe 10 miles an hour or so in bumper to bumper Main St. traffic. I get out, as does he. We look at the damage...

Jeep - nothing.
Honda - cracked front bumper, spilling/hissing radiator, total mess.

He starts yelling at me like I did something wrong. I give him a look like not only does he have three heads but his arse is on backwards. He cools his jets pretty quick.

Tow hitches rock .
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ Yup. I leave mine on for this purpose. If it wasn't there, if I was rearended, the first thing to be hit would be the spare, which would, most likely, seriously damage the tailgate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.