Must have winch accessories? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Must have winch accessories?

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Must have winch accessories?

I'm getting a XD9000i winch tomorrow. What else do I need to get to make it functional(it comes with a winch plate)? What do I need as far as the charging system?

Unread 07-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Also my Jeep has a 2.5" RC lift and already sits 3/4" lower in the front than the rear. How much spring spacer you think I'll need to get it to sit level after the winch install?
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Warn Industries - Winch Accessory Kits
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wait until after your install... then you will know! Your charging system should be fine!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you still have a regular battery you will want to get a deep cycle. You can use a marine deep cycle, same thing as an optima yellow top, but half the price.

Other then that, gloves and a tree saver minimum.
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I recommend a hand throttle control. It helps ALOT imo. If not and you have to do some heavy winching you will have to sit in the front seat and apply some throttle manually which sucks especially when you're by yourself and you have to be outside the jeep.

Also just like the poster before me, gloves are absolutely necessary and I always have a flashlight too just in case you get caught out at night.

RE1000 - HAND THROTTLE - Rubicon Express

As far as what to do about the rake, I don't have a lift but I have a 1.75 spacer on the front of mine and it sits slightly unlevel so you might think about trying a RC 4 inch coil for the front, I bet that would get you level.

Tags
battery , charging , level , leveling , winch , winch accessories

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.