Mounting Hockey Pucks ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mounting Hockey Pucks ?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
johnxjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mounting Hockey Pucks ?

I just got my pucks. Now, what is the best and easiest way to mount them ?
I really do not want to drill through my spring plate on my 99 Wrangler. PITA
I am going to install my RC Lift Kit this weekend so my suspension will be apart as I want to do it then.

Thanks.

johnxjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
jeepn012
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I didn't have to do it on the front, but on the rear I bought a waterproof epoxy. Just scuff the pucks and clean the spring pad really well.

They have been on for 2 years with 3-4 pretty rough wheelin trips. Haven't fallen off yet.
2005 LJ - In the mail, hope I like it. Everybody's doin it, here is the build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/happy-wife-happy-life-05-lj-rubi-budget-build-1481914/[/url]
jeepn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
ncbluetj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Same here. I epoxied mine to the spring perch. Has been on there for about 1.5 years w/ lots of wheeling. No signs of coming loose yet.
ncbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
sgtmajor138
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have seen hockey pucks used for a lot of things on a Jeep, but I am not following this one. Are you using them as bumpstops?

sgtmajor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
ncbluetj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yup. A hockey puck glued to the spring pad makes a great 1" extension for your bump stops. It's a cheap and effective solution.
ncbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
johnxjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump Stop Extensions.
I thought it was wierd also. After doing research on here and the internet from different people. The reviews and satisfaction from people who have used them when adding a lift kit convinced me to go ahead and use them as extensions.
johnxjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I welded a nut to the spring plate (I own my own welder).

Then I drilled a hole through the center of the puck and bolted them down. This is a little more permanent than glueing them on.

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #8
garybattles
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Epoxied pucks to the spring perch for front bump stops. As was mentioned earlier, scruff up the perch and the puck. Have had mine on for 2 years.

Tags
lift , tj , wrangler , puck , hockey puck , bump stop , bumpstop , install , installation , advice , help , tips

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.