More stripped torx bolts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > More stripped torx bolts?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
Deadhorse
1997 TJ Wrangler 

More stripped torx bolts?

Got some windshield light mounts yesterday and low and behold one bolt on either side of my windshield stripped when I tried to remove them.

Anyone know what the thread is on these and is it something I can pick up at home depot?

Deadhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Goondock
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhorse View Post
Got some windshield light mounts yesterday and low and behold one bolt on either side of my windshield stripped when I tried to remove them.

Anyone know what the thread is on these and is it something I can pick up at home depot?
Are you asking about replacements? If so, every time I take one of those damn torx out I replace it with an actual bolt. attached is a picture. I like the look better with bolts as opposed to torx. I originally bough a bunch of torx to replace the ones I stripped before I went to bolts. Got them from Sears Hardware. I will check tonight to see if I still have the item number.
bolts.jpg  
Unread 05-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you took one out just take it to Home Depot and match it up.That's what I did with my bumpers.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
Dean O
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ah the joy that is jeep ownership. I believe they are 1/4-20. I had to replace two of mine when I put my lights and mirror movers on. Tip for the future. Heat the bolts with a propane torch before trying to break them loose. It'll help break the thread lock put on at the factory and makes your work much easier!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.