Monstaliner Smell lingering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monstaliner Smell lingering

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Finsup
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Monstaliner Smell lingering

So i lined my tub with monstaliner on August 12th of this year, i followed all the directions as noted. For some reason i still have that chemical smell lingering. Since then the top has been off for 75% of the time and outdoors.

Anyone have any ideas to cut that lingering smell? i hate to be going into the fall and winter with the Jeep closed up and having to smell that smell.

Thanks

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #453
Finsup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I did my XJ with Herculiner and it stunk for a week or two, then slightly smelled for another 2 months, then after that no more smell.

If it's not making you sick, don't worry about it. It'll get better gradually, then stop smelling.

I've done two Jeeps now, with a different product each time. Same stink, lasted about as long both times. Then no more problems.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Hella
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I did mine with monstaliner over memorial weekend and it stunk but now has gone away like stated above.
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Commando81
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Its called off gassing it will subside.
Commando81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Finsup
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone I appreciate the quick responses.

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #453
Finsup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The hotter the air temp the more it will stink because off-gassing happens faster in hot weather.

So if your climate is hot, it will stink more initially, but that will end sooner.

If you are in a cold climate, it will stink less, but last a lot longer before it stops smelling.

If you have a heated garage, park it in there with windows open and then it'll be safe from rain, and warm enough to get the stinking phase over with sooner, and with windows open it'll let the smell out faster, which not only reduces interior odor, but also helps speed up the off gassing. So this way you can get the off-gassing over with faster.

If you don't have a heated garage, and live in a climate that can rain on short notice (like my situation), then just learn to live with it for a few months. It will gradually subside and eventually stop smelling.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
Bedliner , monstaliner , rhino lining

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.